Terry Haddock in top fuel? (1 Viewer)

fifty50

Nitro Member
To my recollection this is a first for him,does anyone know who's car he's in?Of course not being a "name" driver the car didn't make it on camera(closeup anyway) during qualifying. Must be kind of hard when your a lowbucker busting your a$$ to get funding and you don't even have any tv time to show to potential sponsors.

It is Terry's car, it used to be the Evan Knoll car driven by Scotty Cannon, and the same one that Andy Carter drove at the Winternationals a couple weeks ago.

Thanks Mike. From a distance the car looked like it had sponsorship,any idea who's backing it?

Will will never know because the coverage completely "dogs" the lowbuckers. Always have, always will.

What the hell is the matter with these program directors? Are they that out of touch with what is the reality or dynamic of the present situation?

Get these guys the exposure they need and (more importantly) deserve.

Oh yeah, Terry Haddock ran IHRA last year. What the hell was I thinking?

WAKE UP NHRA!! I KNOW YOUR LURKING!!!!

Terry and folks are doing a heck of a job, just doing what it takes to keep the dream alive. He busted his hump last year, and won the IHRA Funny Car Championship just in time for them to kill the class so he can't even defend his title. :rolleyes:

The T/F car is the one he rented to Andy in Pomona. I think that Terry is just picking and choosing the field with the best chance of getting in.

Was fun to hear him talk on the audiocast about the "wiggle" on shutdown in one of his passes. "Guess I just steered a little to much for the T/F car, haven't had much practice in T/F".

I think Terry is the epitome of the guy who's doing what it takes to run. He'll rent you a car, he'll take almost any little sponsorship to get to the next race, and he's doing it all: wrenching, tuning, driving, whatever. And he's just one heck of a nice guy. He's just the kind of guy that NHRA needs to spend a little TV time on.

He's gonna have to face the Al-Anabi juggernaut this morning, but he's got his wife Bambee and father-in-law Ed there to cheer him on. And I'll be listening.

He ran the car last year in Vegas, and on the IHRA once or twice also, it's not a new deal to him.

Quote Haddock- "The dragster... well I went 4.77 and read the paper... just not the same as the funny car..." lol :D

He ran the car last year in Vegas, and on the IHRA once or twice also, it's not a new deal to him.

Quote Haddock- "The dragster... well I went 4.77 and read the paper... just not the same as the funny car..." lol :D

Paul.. i know of one of those times in the IHRA the TF car he drove was not his.... at the Finials...

Billy

Paul.. i know of one of those times in the IHRA the TF car he drove was not his.... at the Finials...

Billy

Correct as usual Billy -

Haddock steered Doc Sipple's car at Rockingham World Finals and drove his FC to the championship.

He was then in Vegas with his own TF ride. I'm not 100% certain - but I think (as someone already stated) it is Cannon's old Torco ride.

I spoke to him in Vegas as he thrashed to get the car ready to make a hit.

He is one of the hardest working guys in drag racing - and no matter how bad it may have gotten for him - every time I spoke to him he smiled and laughed it off.

I did notice on the qualifying show that he barely got a mention - but it was all about Kalitta making the field.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back