Teacher's Pet (1 Viewer)

Gordon

Nitro Member
My weekends are usually filed to capacity so I rarely, if ever, spend a lot of time on the internet. I logged in to the Mater this AM expecting a thread offering thoughts and thanks to one of the last of a dying breed - Gary Densham.

When I saw his car go into the trap my first thought, obviously, was that I hoped he was alright... and then when I saw him walking around the wreckage seemingly unhurt, my very next thought was that he might be done for awhile. Sadly, my fears were realized when he announced he was pretty certain that was his last ride in a Funny Car and he'd probably focus on his son's race car.

Thanks for the memories, Gary, you were [are] a true gentleman and one of my all-time favorite drivers! So very happy you're alright and were able to walk away... even if it wasn't on your terms.

i'll second that gordon, it has been a pleasure watching gary race over years.....two different years in the 90's gary
made it to finals @ BIR, two different times he was beat....i think both times by john f., who at least provided a ride for
gary a few years later and his memorable double-up weekend at indy when bud still put up the cash.
gonna' miss seeing him out there and pulling off upsets.....one more of the greats gone from action.
thanks gary :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/joanne.densham?pnref=lhc

"I want to take a minute of your time to publicly thank the sportsman racer who lent us the flatbed so we could get our car back to the pits. If you know who it is, please let us know so we can thank him properly. Also, to our fans who came up with $5,$10, $20 and $100 dollars in their hands because they love my wonderful husband and want him to be out there. The outpouring of love has me in tears.
Three racers have called this morning offering their cars."

I thought I heard on the telecast on Saturday that Force had offered to give Gary whatever he needed shortly after the crash.

Good news is I saw a post from 'Teach on FB this morning (Monday Arvo US time) saying that they were doing everything they can to be at their next scheduled stop on the tour at Vegas. Happy that it sounds like he is going to back out there....

Just when I think the good old days of careing and helping each other are gone, people come together to help one of my favorite racers, maybe someone can start a fund we can send support to, would love to help, hope to see you in Vegas Stepping on the LOUD PEDAL Gary, good luck

https://www.facebook.com/joanne.densham?pnref=lhc

"I want to take a minute of your time to publicly thank the sportsman racer who lent us the flatbed so we could get our car back to the pits. If you know who it is, please let us know so we can thank him properly. Also, to our fans who came up with $5,$10, $20 and $100 dollars in their hands because they love my wonderful husband and want him to be out there. The outpouring of love has me in tears.
Three racers have called this morning offering their cars."

Having to go find a flat bed is what Steven was complaining about earlier. He said NHRA had the car on a flatbed wrecker and just dropped it off at the end of the track instead of bringing it back to their pit area.
Also I wish he would start a gofundme account, I would like to donate.

Anyone seen the car after they removed it from net. As messed up car looked i was supprised he got out by himself.

I was at Pomona, and Force came over the PA and said he would give Gary whatever he needed to get back out there. I don't think we have seen the last of Gary, thank goodness!

Great news! I hope Gary does get to come back out for some races, if for no other reason than to get back on the horse and leave the sport on his terms rather than the catch net's terms.

I would love to help Gary but I'm sending all my extra cash to Kanye to help him out of his $53Mil problem...:rolleyes: Seriously, I saw Gary's post on FB and am very happy to hear he's working to get back out there!

Anyone seen the car after they removed it from net. As messed up car looked i was supprised he got out by himself.

I was at Pomona and Gary was haulin' on his way into the sand. It was obvious he'd be collected up by the net, but those outcomes are not always pretty. We all held our breath and were thanking God when he emerged unhurt. Car is trash - everything in front of the clutch can folded or bent. Body broken into pieces both front and back from tangling with the net. If any of the offers of cars come through we're hoping to see him in two weeks in Phoenix!

A week's time would not be enough to be properly prepared for Phoenix, plus Steven would be running the Nostalgia car a week later in Bakersfield.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back