TASCA HIRES LANE TO TUNE HIS FUNNY CAR (1 Viewer)

JFR had once designed a "Ford" engine for nitro. Maybe Tasca could do the same thing? JFR engine was a Chrysler that had some small change to it but they claimed it was a Ford. It would be cool to see a "real" Ford out there. Pat Austin has an injected Ford Shotgun motor (the Boss 429) in a nostalgia A/FD, and that car was the 2nd in it's class to run a 5, just this year at Bakersfield.

JFR had once designed a "Ford" engine for nitro. Maybe Tasca could do the same thing? JFR engine was a Chrysler that had some small change to it but they claimed it was a Ford. It would be cool to see a "real" Ford out there. Pat Austin has an injected Ford Shotgun motor (the Boss 429) in a nostalgia A/FD, and that car was the 2nd in it's class to run a 5, just this year at Bakersfield.
The Austin deal is a real Ford, they developed that for TAFC and then NHRA outlawed it, which pretty much caused the Austins to tap out of drag racing for a long while. Great to see them having success in A/Fuel. Force's "small changes" were most likely designing Ford labeled valve covers for their Chrysler Hemi. :D

If you listen to the Tasca interview on a recent WFO Radio, the block DSM is making for Tasca is of a different (let's call it Ford) design. The body, which will be a year behind, is definitely going to be a Ford engineering design. As always, great content on WFO.

The Austin deal is a real Ford, they developed that for TAFC and then NHRA outlawed it, which pretty much caused the Austins to tap out of drag racing for a long while. Great to see them having success in A/Fuel. Force's "small changes" were most likely designing Ford labeled valve covers for their Chrysler Hemi. :D

Force was WAAAAYYYY late on the " Ford Hemi" ..... ;)

scan0130.jpg

Jeff, what a great picture! As much as I bugged my dad to put a blower on his A/A when I was a little kid, I still love the look of fuel injectors, especially on a HEMI. I remember your dad's cars during the Pro Comp era, still probably the coolest class ever created.

Jeff, what a great picture! As much as I bugged my dad to put a blower on his A/A when I was a little kid, I still love the look of fuel injectors, especially on a HEMI. I remember your dad's cars during the Pro Comp era, still probably the coolest class ever created.

Thanks.. But it can't be a real hemi... Says right on the valve cover that it's a ford.... ;) ...

Untitled by j t, on Flickr

He sure did James
Hi Mike, it's great to hear from you again! :D
Nice photo from Bob but we know the 1970 date is wrong. Lew didn't run the Mach 1 until '71 and Jocano's Brief Encounter in the background
is yet another clue since that was the ex-'70 Big John Mazmanian Cuda. Now here's a curious thing. I just looked at my own photo of the '71 Brutus at the OCIR Mfg. Meet and.....he went back to OEM Hemi valve covers! I wonder why.....?

fill in the blanks.....
- eric lane is out? apparently effective immediately? (i like hop. always wish him well)
- the old 'multi year agreement' phrase is used again :rolleyes: but mike's name is attached to it. is mike officially on tasca payroll? and not dsr?
- not looking good for tony s. in '20?

They've mentioned Neff on the telecast since the summer. This article confirms that he is now full-time? So, he was only part-time? Maybe a consultant, but however you want to word it, I think he has been working full-time on that car for awhile. Neff also got a muti year deal with DSR less than two years ago, job security is about as good as a professional sports manager.

There really is no such thing as job security in racing, save for the person writing the checks.

fill in the blanks.....
- eric lane is out? apparently effective immediately? (i like hop. always wish him well)
- the old 'multi year agreement' phrase is used again :rolleyes: but mike's name is attached to it. is mike officially on tasca payroll? and not dsr?
- not looking good for tony s. in '20?

Lane has been out for at least a couple of races, if I recall correctly.

Eric Lane's name popped up today as he will help tune for Jim Maroney's new team that will debut in Vegas. I am excited to see Jim start up his new team, he bough Mike Strasburg's entire top fuel operation last year and ran with the Davidson's new team earlier this year. Also Johnny West is gonna be an extra set of eyes for Jim & Eric so there is another Arizona tie to this local team

what i'm suggesting is that tasca and dsr probably have separate payrolls. yes, bob gets help from dsr with equipment, but i don't think bob came back into FC because don had an extra pile
of money laying around to fund his operation. i'm pretty sure bob procured his own sponsorship to fund his operation......so when the article says neff 'full time' with tasca, is it possible that dsr
cut him lose completely? ....... IMO if jfr has the budget in 2020, hop will be back over there. he's a pretty valuable guy. i'm disappointed he left tasca.

Easier to get back into full time racing renting space, and buying parts DSR makes while giving what could be some "former" DSR employee's a place to work. On another note if Tony can't get a sponsor he would be a lot better in the booth than T Ped.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back