super stock restructure (1 Viewer)

crewcheif gt/aa

Nitro Member
has anyone looked at the restructureing that nhra wants to do to the super stock class? There main plan is to merge ss with gt and form one big class. any opinons on this.

Seems like some of the older body styles may be at a disadvantage. I guess if they let the older cars run the rack and pinion steering and put the motor where they want them like the front wheel drive conversion cars it might help some? It will be interesting to see what they do with this.

What will happen is that the SS/AH cars will be pro stocks with Dart/Cuda bodies on them.I think NHRA is trying to eliminate some classes,and combine cars into one whole group of cars..i.e. all cars would have a "SS/__ " designation.I don't see a problem with that,but I hope it doesn't give any current combos a huge advantage.

Last edited:
It would make class elims more entertaining, and provide more heads up racing.

While we're on the topic of restructure, why were the FI cars put into their own classes in Stock some years ago? Couldn't the shipping weights and HP factors on the FI combos be tweaked to keep the Stock alphabet classes fair?

IMHO There's too many classes in both catagories, but I do enjoy watching them.

michael
I agree with that statement but I think the reason they did that was because the FI cars are so much faster than the cars that they where classed with. Even with the weight added they could just change classes and still run faster. jmo

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back