Steve Torrence after win at Maple Grove (1 Viewer)

That's the way it should be, none of this huggy dougie bullshit at the far end of the track. Beat the shit out of them, rip out their hearts and break their backs.

I don't mind Steve's attitude...what I always disliked was those who came in spouting crap sounding like they were going to rule the class.....or that they were entitled to win somehow.
Some ended up accomplishing their goals, most didn't. Some would be the whiners or fighters in their class. Some had inflated egos.
Some examples I have filed in my memory banks:
Whit Bazemore
Jerry Toliver
Tanner Gray
Hector Arana
Cruz & Tony Ped

Funny, but Pro Stock and Pro Mod never really had anyone who rubbed me the wrong way....

Now most of these redeemed themselves to me over time, so I don't need to read 100 messages about "How could you?";)

Ever had a microphone stuck in your face after a ridiculously intense moment? Adrenaline pumping, heart pounding so fast you feel like your bouncing all over? Give the guy a break, he’s a fierce competitor and he wears his heart on his sleeve.

Great to see in this age of PC

What exactly did he say that was so disprescful? If you’re offended by that, I’d hate to see how you get through a normal day....

What exactly did he say that was so disprescful? If you’re offended by that, I’d hate to see how you get through a normal day....
With all the P.C., B.S. in today's world you can't say "excuse me" without offending someone. I am over 70 and last week got cussed out for holding a door open for a lady older than me.

Weren’t you one of the most vocal against Tanner Gray? :eek:

Stalker much?!? 😂

To answer your question.... Yes. I started a thread about Tanner when he stepped in dog 💩 more than once. To be honest, I like the kid. He’s one hell of a driver and it seems like Shane and Johnny put a much needed boot in his *** after his last ‘episodes.’

Having said that, the comments made by Torrence in the above YouTube video don’t really compare to Tanner’s temper tantrums for which the thread you’re referencing was started. Apples and oranges.

As a side note, glad to see Hight walk away from that crash. That thing hooked left into the wall hard.

Apples and Oranges? Yeah Torrence makes disrespectful comments, talk shit and made personal digs all season leading up to the countdown then cried sour grapes when he lost, then makes these comments and they’re ok...Tanner had “temper tantrums”, cutting a driver off and kicking a car when you’re 17 and pissed off is not ok...got it! ;)

Apples and Oranges? Yeah Torrence makes disrespectful comments, talk shit and made personal digs all season leading up to the countdown then cried sour grapes when he lost, then makes these comments and they’re ok...Tanner had “temper tantrums”, cutting a driver off and kicking a car when you’re 17 and pissed off is not ok...got it! ;)

Were you dropped on your head as a child? We’re discussing the video in this thread posted by the OP. Has Torrence whined or talked shit in the past? Of course he has! But we’re talking specifically about the video posted in this thread. Stop trolling, go put on your Tanner onesie, and go to bed....

I love the personality and attitude.None of the politically correct bs. Huggy feely is for dancing, not racing.

This sport was/is built on head to head heated battles. If your going to tear down Steve for his comments then go back and research, then tear down others that built this sport and made us all a fan. There are a lot of heated battles and comments, glad to have had them and hope they continue.

remember steve's father pays for all of his racing exploits, so therefore he is free to say and do whatever he wants. His competition have corporate backing and are defacto representatives of those companies and have to be careful of what comes out of their mouths, especially in today's pc world. I always cite the Greg Anderson/Erica enders incident, when anderson responded to her, for posing in front of his trailer with her trophy. he called her unprofessional and as a result his sponsor, received a lot of flak and he had to apologize. I remember thinking, if I was greg I woulda told her where she can put that trophy !!!!! so the question is, would u rather remain PC and have a sponsor fund your operation or pay millions and have the freedom to say and do anything??

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back