Sportsman forum petition (1 Viewer)

I think it's a good idea - there are more than a few of us Maters who enjoy participatin in, writing and reading about, and watching "Sportsman racing.":D

We had individual forums before and everybody still hung out at the main ones (nhra, lounge).

Feel free to post sportman topics in the existing forums.

I'm all for it. Just afraid it will end up like sportsman races at a National with no one there.

I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of fans in the stands for the LODRS in Denver as well as the nationals for sportsman racing. We had a lot of fans walking through the staging lanes asking questions and requesting autographs. Makes us sportsman racers feel mighty special!

I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of fans in the stands for the LODRS in Denver as well as the nationals for sportsman racing. We had a lot of fans walking through the staging lanes asking questions and requesting autographs. Makes us sportsman racers feel mighty special!

As far as I'm concerned, the Sportsman racers are the backbone of drag racing.

Last edited:
I too would like to see some sportsman racing recaps and details posted.....

These guys and girls need an chance to have their accomplishments posted on the "WORLD FAMOUS NITROMATER too

Cliff Ricci
Director of Competition
and Technical Services
THE STRIP@Las Vegas Motor Speedway
www.lvms.com

P.S. Thanx Jerrod for the "NEW" Mater
As one of the earliest Mater's, I hope we can return to the greatness that once was.

Add me to the list... I think my friend Bob Alberty is going to get his "THUNDERIN OKIE" Alcohol Funny Car put back together in time for Dallas. I hope he can make the list!!

Me Too!

Put me down for a Sportsman forum - I love all kinds of drag racing, from Stock to Top Fuel. Super Stock is lots of fun and I'm really looking forward to seeing Comp in Seattle. I'm also crazy about Top Sportsman/Top Comp/Top Dragster.

Sounds good. Perhaps we should start, by starting threads in the NHRA or IRA Forums on Sportman related subjects. Those that want to respond will. If there is enough activity, then maybe they'll give them their own forum. Those that aren't interested, can just skip them. Worth a try.:D

I will support the sportman racer,just keep the bashers out.I am sure anybody that reads the sportmans sites,Knows who the bashers are that I am talking about.:)

I like sportsman racing as much as the next but I would rather see the Mater get back up to speed before a wholesale change or addition is made. If its going to turn into a So and So is cheating board than I nix the idea.

Bob

My roots are in sportsman racing. Hell I started in street eliminator bracket racing and progressed upto Nitro. However most of my time was in alky funnys and diggers. I would support a sportsman forum as I really respect the amount of effort it requires to race.
What is the worse that could happen? We try it and it doesn't work then we shut it down. I say at least give it a try.
jiim

give us a few days and we will set it up? should we have a seprate forum for Alky guys?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back