Sounds kinda final for John Forces racing future! (16 Viewers)

Right now I imagine all the Force family cares about is their Father, Husband, Grandfather, etc…. getting better. There is peace and life after racing. John’s contributions and accomplishments in this sport are immeasurable. His legacy has been written. There’s no shame in bowing out for him.

I do pray that he can get back to feeling better and enjoy his family. John Force is at the level where he could never sit in another race car ever again…. but still bring tremendous excitement and performance to drag racing. He has of course amassed an incredible group around him. Right now the racing doesn’t matter; getting out of that bed matters. Those girls need thier Dad. That’s what matters.

Right now I imagine all the Force family cares about is their Father, Husband, Grandfather, etc…. getting better. There is peace and life after racing. John’s contributions and accomplishments in this sport are immeasurable. His legacy has been written. There’s no shame in bowing out for him.

I do pray that he can get back to feeling better and enjoy his family. John Force is at the level where he could never sit in another race car ever again…. but still bring tremendous excitement and performance to drag racing. He has of course amassed an incredible group around him. Right now the racing doesn’t matter; getting out of that bed matters. Those girls need thier Dad. That’s what matters.
Very well said, The family is what matters

What I keep thinking about is

I had a friend that this happened to, the same scenario where he was improving. Then it all stops, it has been three years now with no further improvement. He is in constant rehab, he can not go home because he needs skilled care more than the family can provide.
My other thought is Michael Schumaker, semi functional from what I have read but needs constant care.
Hopefully the tough old man can beat it.

I hope he makes a full recovery. He's the same age as my dad so it's very relatable. He's been one of the constants in this ever so s***** changing world that I can count on being the same,,,,, good ole' John Force. I just hope he gets out of this last scrape and calls it a career.

Last edited by a moderator:
The news today was encouraging, I was fearful for awhile that if Force pulled through it was going to be a lot like the Michael Schumacher deal. The fact that he recognizes his wife and daughters and that the doctors are having a tough time keeping him in bed at least gives the impression the regular ol' John Force is still with us. Hopefully he continues to improve daily and can live a normal and long life with his family and especially the grandkids.

As far as if John has made his last pass, as many miracles and comebacks he has made I just think this one will be too tough to overcome and I would be shocked that if he does recover fully that he will get a medical clearance to race again. In all honesty, and I dont want to come off the wrong way, but I feel like the only way John was going to leave the cockpit was when his body failed him and his family and doctors told him no more.

This is how I'd like John to end his driving career. At Indy or Pomona. Do a 3/4 track burnout, turn around and idle back to the starting line. Get out of the car and hand the keys over to Auston Prock. To me that would be one of the most memorable ways to end a driving career.

I like that and would add it would be cool for Coil to be there too, shake hands with him, then they both walk away.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back