SO I’M GOING TO THE FINALS THIS YEAR……….. (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Back in 2012 when my brother and Fast Jack (and team) won the championship, I went to the next to last race in Vegas. I had a good friend that lived there then and my wife and I always went to the races in Vegas along with the Texas races (Houston/Ennis) close to home. We knew after they left Vegas that they had a really good chance to win the championship and Jack’s dad told me I needed to go to the Finals. It was too short of notice though and I really couldn’t do it because of work days off and jobs ongoing. When they won the championship and I wasn’t there, I knew Jack’s dad had been so right. Right then and there I decided that if my brother’s team was ever in contention again, I was going to the Finals. So here we are, six years later and they are in contention and I AM GOING TO THE FINALS !! GO YELLA FELLAS!!!!

How much $$$ will ya give me to NOT pick them in my Pick The Winners? Lately that could be worth a lot the way my choices keep going out round 2:(

It just dawned on me that I could benefit from people's experiences at Pomona. Probably should have put this up sooner but would like input on best way to do this event. Arriving tomorrow morning, leaving Monday morning. What should I be aware of, either to avoid a bad situation or make sure I don't miss? Any and all help or suggestions truly appreciated.
Mel

It just dawned on me that I could benefit from people's experiences at Pomona. Probably should have put this up sooner but would like input on best way to do this event. Arriving tomorrow morning, leaving Monday morning. What should I be aware of, either to avoid a bad situation or make sure I don't miss? Any and all help or suggestions truly appreciated.
Mel
Stop by El Merendero next to the track on Fairplex Dr. on the way in & grab a chorizo breakfast burrito😁

jrtodd.png

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya know what? JR is the first African American to win F/C championship. JR kinda reminds me of Lewis Hamilton, a Black driver in Formula One who has won their championship. OK, Formula One, you got Lewis, we got JR! WHOOP! :)

The In-N-Out at the Vineyard exit off the 10. It's where everybody stops before flying out of Ontario

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya know what? JR is the first African American to win F/C championship. JR kinda reminds me of Lewis Hamilton, a Black driver in Formula One who has won their championship. OK, Formula One, you got Lewis, we got JR! WHOOP! :)

Don Prudhomme won the NHRA FC championship four times in his 35-year career. I think that would make him the first African American F/C champion.

Has Prudhomme ever come out & said he was Black? Or maybe mixed? I have wondered if he was Creole, people mixed with Black, White, Spanish, etc. Prudhomme is a French name, & I wonder if his people came from Louisiana. Just curious, cuz my mom was Cajun, her name was Guidry, and they all came from Kaplan area. Prudhomme has a cousin, Mark, who lived in Bakersfield and ran T/F for awhile. He was kinda dark skinned but looked Anglo. I remember hearing other racers in the pits calling Prudhomme the "white nigger". Really bugged me and it just made me root for him more. My 2 heros in drag racing are Don Garlits and Don Prudhomme. Well, I think Prudhomme is one of, if not the, best racers of all time. Don't care what his heritage is.

Has Prudhomme ever come out & said he was Black? Or maybe mixed? I have wondered if he was Creole, people mixed with Black, White, Spanish, etc. Prudhomme is a French name, & I wonder if his people came from Louisiana. Just curious, cuz my mom was Cajun, her name was Guidry, and they all came from Kaplan area. Prudhomme has a cousin, Mark, who lived in Bakersfield and ran T/F for awhile. He was kinda dark skinned but looked Anglo. I remember hearing other racers in the pits calling Prudhomme the "white nigger". Really bugged me and it just made me root for him more. My 2 heros in drag racing are Don Garlits and Don Prudhomme. Well, I think Prudhomme is one of, if not the, best racers of all time. Don't care what his heritage is.

For anyone who wants to wade through this swamp, there are 6 pages of folk arguing that query
https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477818

Back in 2012 when my brother and Fast Jack (and team) won the championship, I went to the next to last race in Vegas. I had a good friend that lived there then and my wife and I always went to the races in Vegas along with the Texas races (Houston/Ennis) close to home. We knew after they left Vegas that they had a really good chance to win the championship and Jack’s dad told me I needed to go to the Finals. It was too short of notice though and I really couldn’t do it because of work days off and jobs ongoing. When they won the championship and I wasn’t there, I knew Jack’s dad had been so right. Right then and there I decided that if my brother’s team was ever in contention again, I was going to the Finals. So here we are, six years later and they are in contention and I AM GOING TO THE FINALS !! GO YELLA FELLAS!!!!
It was super cool seeing J.R. win the championship he's one of the guys I look up to. Man Mel you got taken down in that mosh pit!

For the first time to go to Pomona I picked a winner!!! Thanks for the suggestions!! We actually stayed on Vineyard across from In n Out burgers!! Win the Championship, win the race, witness the return of MEGARITA, it just doesn't get any better than this.........

Attachments

• Pomona 2.jpg
    Pomona 2.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 16
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back