So-Cal Injected Funny Car Circuit (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
This was a cool deal we had back in Southern California for some years. it was a somewhat loosely knit group of injected funny cars. A majority of the races were conducted at Lions.

These car would be a great addition to fill out a program. Most times it would be 8-car open fields. You could get anywhere from 8 cars to the upper teens.

Some of the players.

Lloyd Pick-Pick & Clymore
Gage & Barnes-Raunchy Corvette *(My Dad's Favorite Car In This Class)*
Larry Derr-Glass Rat AMC
Henderson Bros. Camaro
Smog Town Hustler-Corvette
Hal Sullivan-Stick City Camaro *(My Favorite!)*

Just a very cool class that put on a great show!

[email protected] eatin' chili tamales with dad at Lions watching the Injected Funny Cars....truly priceless!

The Killer Whale Vega, with a 392 Chrysler "whale motor". Ken Veney in a Vega. Dale Armstrong, also, if I remember right. Was a cool class to watch. They ran injected alky & a lot of them went to Pro Comp, like Veney & Armstrong.

The So. Calif. Injected Funny Car Assoc. had around 50 members (owners and drivers) and about 30 cars. The rules were 1900# (later changed to 1800#) minus the driver. All cars ran straight alcohol. No other fuel was permitted. Most, if not all, the members lived between Orange county and the San Fernando Valley.

The class usually ran Local tracks but did travel as far Sacramento and Vegas and as far as Seattle.

This would make a great some what affordable class today. Only thing missing is the drag strips to race on.

You know what else was a great circuit, CIFCA. Blown alky F/C on a 7.50 index. They came to Arizona & ran Speedworld & Firebird. Also Top Gas West, which was based on A/D class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back