Slowing the Fuel Cars, again... (1 Viewer)

Racers will find a way to go faster crews will find a way to go faster crew chiefs will find a way to go faster. I don’t want to see them slow down hell I want to see mid to low 60s in a dragster and 335 mph and low 80s in a funny car.

NHRA apparently isn’t really serious about slowing the fuel cars. The article said those teams with the better superchargers will only be minimally affected.
Instead of making another half-hearted rule, and if they really want to slow the cars, they need to quit pussy footing around and make a change that is effective across the board, instead of making a rule that the better funded teams will be able to bypass.
Take away a mag or blower overdrive. Do something that really works.

Sam you are so right! If the nitro cars were limited to a 6:71 blower, I would bet dimes to donuts they would find a way to go under 5 teens with a dragster about 5.30 with a funny car. Way too much talent there to not figure things out.

Hell, they went to 1,000 ft. and got that figured out, Cut the glue application and that also is a has been. No matter what they try to do to slow them down, they'll figure it out. Look at Funny car with the laid back headers.

The track prep really only affects hot tracks. Good cool tight tracks don’t need as much prep. Go back to Tye start of the countdown and it was 4.0’s all day

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back