Six years after it was built, this all new dragstrip remains silent (1 Viewer)

We talked about this months ago. There are still discussions going on trying to get it open.

Alan

no kidding, that is a bizarre story......DNR and Dept. of Hwy can't decide how to maintain and permit road.......my ass. looks like coal mine trucks use the access
road constantly. ...... some politician's relatives probably growing dope in nearby hills :D

no kidding, that is a bizarre story......DNR and Dept. of Hwy can't decide how to maintain and permit road.......my ass. looks like coal mine trucks use the access
road constantly. ...... some politician's relatives probably growing dope in nearby hills :D
Or waiting for off shore deposite

By far the most bizarre dragstrip ever built.
Better hope the chutes come out.

By far the most bizarre dragstrip ever built.
Better hope the chutes come out.
Looks like a beautiful, scenic facility to me, with about 2000 feet of runoff judging by the picture. Unless they plan on running 1/8 mile Top Fuel races, I'd say that's plenty for an 1/8 mile track.

As poor as WV is, second poorest in the nation and sliding even further downhill thanks to the decimated coal industry, you'd think these people would work 24/7 to get this thing up and running. But when a drag strip is at the center of the discussion, one never knows. Ask Billy Meyer about what happened to him in Grand Prairie, Texas years ago.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back