Should Pro Mod Replace Pro Stock? (1 Viewer)

After watching an amazing Pro Mod show at this weekend’s Gators, I’d answer, “yes.”

Thought his answers were interesting, especially transmissions. He does a good job of explaining things.

must keep pro stock. or beer sales will plummet. at 10 bucks for one can of beer we are talking about some serious money over the year. think about it. those grandstands evacuate like crazy when pro stock comes out. ....and no, im not joking. you put T/F harley after the fuel cars followed by pro mod and the grandstands will not evacuate. EVERYBODY knows P/S evacuates the grandstands.

Last edited:
must keep pro stock. or beer sales will plummet. at 10 bucks for one can of beer we are talking about some serious money over the year. think about it. those grandstands evacuate like crazy when pro stock comes out. ....and no, im not joking. you put T/F harley after the fuel cars followed by pro mod and the grandstands will not evacuate. EVERYBODY knows P/S evacuates the grandstands.

Remembering back a while ago (late 1980's), I was surprised how many cleared out for the bathrooms and food stands when the Alcohol classes came up....I was like "where are you going? They are just as fun to watch as the Nitro cars!" That was back when Pro Stock kept them in their seats...

I'd be ecstatic if the TV show was Top Fuel Dragster, Top Fuel Funny Car and Pro Modified.

Pro Stock Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle both get a serious amount of fast forward on my DVR. And like Dave Pulver said, my wallet gets a bit lighter at the beer stand when ever they roll to the line.

think about it. P/S sends the majority out of the grandstands and into the pits where t-shirts and food are sold. and NHRA makes money. they are making no money with your butt in the grandstands. so pro stock bike will evacuate the grandstands even faster. top fuel harley, pro mod and the alcohol cars after the fuel cars and the only way NHRA makes money is with ppl selling popcorn / p-nuts / sodas in the grandstands. the events with no P/S but still have PS/B?? .....there goes the grandstands. whatever they do after the fuel cars will be something calm to send ppl out of the grandstands to spend money. in order- T/F, AA/FC, TF/H,

Last edited:
the people that love racing stay in the stands for PS PM PSB etc. "We" are at the track whether nitro is there on not
the casual fan is there for the circus show noise. they come out once a year when nitro is in town
wife and I have been to as many as 13 events in a year, we have to plan when to leave the grandstands to eat, pee usually during a stock class

the casual fan there for the circus show spends the money on stuff in the pits. and thats what NHRA makes money on. after the fuel cars, safe bet they will run calm cars / PS/B to get the casual fan out of the grandstands. NHRA is not stupid. and they are so money thirsty they take full advantage of you by selling you something that costs them under one dollar per can for $10 bucks a can. that is just how much respect NHRA has of the casual fan. there are local fans at seattle i know. they know where to get those big cans so they can not get caught and thrown out. and being locals, they know how to get them in thru private property. it's all fun. ......and i dont even drink. getting away with it is the thrill. the beer patrol ppl walk right past them as they are the same size cans. it is beyond entertainment. where i stay when i go up there is less then 2 blocks from the pacific raceway pit gate

Attachments

• WP_20180806_018.jpg
    WP_20180806_018.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
the casual fan there for the circus show spends the money on stuff in the pits. and thats what NHRA makes money on. after the fuel cars, safe bet they will run calm cars / PS/B to get the casual fan out of the grandstands. NHRA is not stupid. and they are so money thirsty they take full advantage of you by selling you something that costs them under one dollar per can for $10 bucks a can. that is just how much respect NHRA has of the casual fan. there are local fans at seattle i know. they know where to get those big cans so they can not get caught and thrown out. and being locals, they know how to get them in thru private property. it's all fun. ......and i dont even drink. getting away with it is the thrill. the beer patrol ppl walk right past them as they are the same size cans. it is beyond entertainment. where i stay when i go up there is less then 2 blocks from the pacific raceway pit gate

NHRA concession prices aren't any worse than any other sporting event. Go to an NFL game and you'll be shocked by the high prices there!

No they should keep both; however get do rid of fuel injection on the “Factory Hot Rods”, bring back hood scoops and carbs! I’d even like to see a legends/retro PS exhibition class paying homage to the earlier Oldsmobiles and Fords, etc.

I believe the question of should Pro Mod replace Pro Stock will become moot, because in my opinion, pro mod and for that matter Factory stock will eventually become, what pro stock is today, that is, a barely fillable 16 car field, all made up of the same type of car. For starters, history has shown, racers will gravitate towards the more competitive engine Combination & body style, eventually having one type dominate the entrees (anybody remember the 67 corvette pro mod days) and the current fields will dwindle as the 12 to 15 racers that dnq every race will start getting tired of pouring money, time, and travel into racing with nothing to show for it.

I recall many times hearing from those in the know and many PM teams that they are just fine being where they are now, schedule-wise. They don't want any MORE tour, and to be honest, the tour size is what hurts most teams in all the catagories. The amount of money it is now taking to run the trucks around the country, with no real opportunity for teams to do anything BUT race NHRA- no more match racing on Friday, Saturday or even Wednesday- has narrowed professional drag racing down to the few teams it has in it now. When Tony Schu is on the sidelines because of $$$, you know there is a problem.
PM teams have stated, publicly and privately, that they are just fine NOT chasing the circus around the country.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back