Shaun Carlson Interview (1 Viewer)

Very good interview. Thanks for posting Darr. It really gives some insight into the whole Shoe/Glidden fiasco.

Darr,
What happened to his engineering position with DSR?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. No mention of it from Shaun. Sounds like he went to focusing on a drifting team he was part of but had no time to be involved in. I never was sure about that DSR engineering deal in North Carolina as I had never heard that Don had any kind of shop back there in NascarLand.

Was good to hear some insider details (dirt?) about the whole DSR Pro Stock situation. Shaun stating that they only had one "good" set of carburetors and those always went to Richie Stevens makes you wonder about how fair or even the two cars parts really were. Shaun alludes to usually getting the secondary stuff, and because of that he was always a little short-changed, and since Pro Stock as he states requires being pretty much PERFECT on every run or you may not qualify is a pretty valid statement. Just reading his coments made me feel the tension that always had to be there. I liked the fact that he and Bob G. can joke around about the situation now. As he said, it was killing Bob to work so hard and not get any good results from all that hard work, especially knowing that if the driver was more skilled at driving a Pro Stock car, then they would have been qualifyng at most if not all the races, and going rounds too. Mopar may have thought they were doing something good by putting Shaun in that car, but in reality they just threw away a ton of money and created a really BAD environment, and anyone could have seen that coming even back in Jan/Feb of last year. I dind't like it from the get-go and neither did Bob Glidden, and I hope MOPAR learned that playing politics rather than doing the RIGHT THING was the wrong way to go. I don't fault Shaun for getting the ride, and I think he is probably a neat guy like everyone has always stated, but he wasn't the right person to be driving that car if MOPAR was serious about winning!

Just my .02c

Mopar may have thought they were doing something good by putting Shaun in that car, but in reality they just threw away a ton of money and created a really BAD environment, and anyone could have seen that coming even back in Jan/Feb of last year. I dind't like it from the get-go and neither did Bob Glidden, and I hope MOPAR learned that playing politics rather than doing the RIGHT THING was the wrong way to go. I don't fault Shaun for getting the ride, and I think he is probably a neat guy like everyone has always stated, but he wasn't the right person to be driving that car if MOPAR was serious about winning!

Just my .02c

It was nice to see how honest he was about how he got the ride and how he realized that there were better drivers available. Also he understands how others perceived the situation.

Definitely a good read. Takes a lot of guts to admit that you are not the best for the job.

Not everything is exactly weeded out, but I feel that the folks who bashed Bob Glidden, or Rusty, or anyone else for that matter? They can all go pack sand! I was never telling anything but the truth. Thanks to Shaun Carlson for telling folks these things, BG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back