Schumacher Points Lead Predictions (1 Viewer)

When will Tony Schumacher Take the Lead

• Indy

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Reading

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Ennis

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Richmond

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Vegas

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Pomona

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • "Not gonna do it"

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

JL

Nitro Member
When will or will he in fact take the points lead? Since he can't do it in Memphis, I gave the other options...

Last edited:
I like the Sarge. He seems like a really nice guy. But right now Dougie K.'s sole purpose is to win the championship, and the Sarge better not get in the way!!! :D :D :D

Ya, maybe the poll should ask when AJ will take over the points lead, not the Sarge. :eek: :p

By the time they leave Indy, Schumacher will be in the points lead.

By the time they leave Indy, Schumacher will be in the points lead.
And he`ll just keep padding to that points total `til the end of the year. DSR better enjoy this one though, because if AJ goes at the end of the year, it could be awhile before they get another T/F title.

Man, I can DEFINITELY understand the praise that AJ gets, as it is WELL deserved...but the last time I checked - it does take a driver to get the car from point A to point B.

IMO, Doug K. is one of the best (if not the best) at cutting down the tree in T/F, but there is more to driving a Nitro Car than that, is there not?

Like yesterday (or maybe it was Saturday) when the Army car didn't strike the hides during the burnout, and T.S. let off it...it takes a little bit of feel and knowledge to know what's going on. Every burnout don't go the same...

I am not saying "all hail, you must praise him as the best", but he never get's any "deserved" credit. I mean, you can't even post about him without it being "Oops, this should be an Alan Johnson thread instead of The Sarge."

Not really ranting, but think about it...

"Rahn Tobler really screwed up yesterday when he made that tune up blurp half track and not allow Douggie to pedal it without backfiring the supercharger while Donnie Bender's Miller tuned machine was pedalling in the other lane and got the win light." No? The driver does play a part - we all know the crew chief is who is making the power. We all know what AJ is the best (whether that is agreed on or not...)

Maybe we should refer to them by sponsor names?

Politically Correct name for this post:
Army, Matco Tools, Gates Belts & Hoses Top Fueler Points Lead Predictions

:D

Well, considering Tony was in 9th place in the points when Wes Cerny (who was the tuner on the Army car before AJ) was let go, I`d say it`s safe to say that AJ is the one who makes that team go. Tony has become a much better driver since AJ came onboard, and he`d be the first to credit Alan for the improvement.

Well, considering Tony was in 9th place in the points when Wes Cerny (who was the tuner on the Army car before AJ) was let go, I`d say it`s safe to say that AJ is the one who makes that team go. Tony has become a much better driver since AJ came onboard, and he`d be the first to credit Alan for the improvement.
Not only that, but in all the years Tony has been racing (I don't know how many years that is), he only won one championship in '99. The two years AJ's been crew chief for the full season, they won the championship. Perhaps this will be the third. I'm definitely pulling for Dougie K., but I'm not foolish enough to ever bet against Alan Johnson. :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back