Scelzi (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Another masterful job Bobby. Strangely, he is just what the sport needs and what the sport diligently avoids. Not everyone can drink hot coffee. Sadly, the cold coffee drinkers run the show today.

Gary is everything NHRA needs today-outspoken, excellent driver, great person, fan friendly. He was one of the first fuel drivers my wife and I got to know a bit since he recognized me from being at a lot of races. He gave my wife one of his own race worn Winston shirts to give me as a birthday present. At the time he told me that he has kept all the crew shirts of his except mine and one other. It would be great to see him back but I doubt that will happen-having too much fun with his son's racing.

Another masterful job Bobby. Strangely, he is just what the sport needs and what the sport diligently avoids. Not everyone can drink hot coffee. Sadly, the cold coffee drinkers run the show today.

I think the word you're looking for is Charisma.

This interview was both enlightening and honest. I'm sure once his boys have gone on down their own path, he will be back. Maybe not at the national level, but he'll do it again.

It really shows how important the Junior Dragster series is to the future of our sport...JR Todd, Shawn Langdon, Morgan Lucas, Richie Stevens and Erica Enders are where they are because of it.
If Scelzi's kids had stayed interested with drag racing we would have him too. Kudos to Vinnie Napp for inventing the series.

another real great interview. always thought j. jannard's last years with nhra/dsr/scelzi were great. gary was awesome. oakley was at it's height prior to being sold. m. neff coming into his own as a tuner. and they all got to share a championship.....loved use of 'stranglehold' as the ajr/winston years were about to begin.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back