RUMOR MILL - CREW CHIEF CAROUSEL WILL BEGIN TURNING AFTER POMONA (1 Viewer)

Here are the current top 10 F/C cars:
POSITIONDRIVERPOINTSPOINTS BEHIND LEADERVEHICLE
clinched-wally-logo.png
Robert Hight25920Auto Club Chevrolet Camaro SS
clinched-wally-logo.png
Ron Capps2531-61NAPA Auto Parts Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
clinched-wally-logo.png
Matt Hagan2529-63Dodge Power Brokers Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
clinched-wally-logo.png
John Force2406-186PEAK Chevrolet Camaro SS
clinched-wally-logo.png
Bob Tasca III2391-201Ford Motorcraft/Quick Lane Mustang
clinched-wally-logo.png
J.R. Todd2295-297DHL Toyota GR Supra
clinched-wally-logo.png
Tim Wilkerson2261-331Levi, Ray & Shoup Ford Shelby Mustang
clinched-wally-logo.png
Alexis DeJoria2259-333Bandero Tequila/ROKIT Toyota GR Supra
clinched-wally-logo.png
Cruz Pedregon2222-370Snap-on Tools Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
clinched-wally-logo.png
Blake Alexander2150-442Head Inc./Pronto Auto Parts Ford Mustang
source: https://www.nhra.com/standings/2022...amping-world-drag-racing-series?tab=funny-car

Not Prock or Neff. They aren't t/f tunners.
Actually not entirely true Mike Neff made his start on Cory Macs Mcdonalds car and went on to tune Tony Schumacher before the Army pulled out. Jimmy Prock has a long history of successful top fuel tuning beginning with the Mac Attack Dragster in the early 90's Joe Amato in late 90's and early 2000's and a few other top fuel operations along the way. Both make sense as Jimmy may want to tune Austin and work with his sons while Neff may want to return to Schumacher or even help Tony Stewart with his Top fuel operation, as lets not forget that his zippy nickname comes from Tony Stewart crewchief Greg Zippadelli with whom he worked with early in his career if my memory serves me right.

Alot of theories above, but but with other news and thoughts coming out today - AAA involvement withn JFR, yea or ney -who's funding that car? If funded why would Jimmy leave Robert. Most arguably the best AA/FC the last few years? AAA title rights at Pomona has already flown the coupe. Don't know terms but does In and Out have deep pockets? More power to 'em! Maybe another team is involved, think underperformers this year. Kallita, Leah and maybe another tuner for Stewart. Going to be interesting.

Maybe Jim O going back to Kalitta? Fits the well-known funny car tuner and familiar surroundings description.

Jimmy Prock will never tune Austin. Force won't allow it after John Medlin was tuning Eric's car when he was killed.
I've seen a lot of people on many different forums say this and I've wondered how come.

Maybe Jim O going back to Kalitta? Fits the well-known funny car tuner and familiar surroundings description.

I've seen a lot of people on many different forums say this and I've wondered how come.
My guess is that when a driver dies or is critically injured, I'm sure the crew chief has an immense amount of guilt as to what they could have done differently, even though there might not have been anything that could have been done differently. If that driver is your son, the guilt feeling must be so much worse. That may have been one of the things that caused Medlin to leave JFR. Just speculating, have no inside info.

Alot of theories above, but but with other news and thoughts coming out today - AAA involvement withn JFR, yea or ney -who's funding that car? If funded why would Jimmy leave Robert. Most arguably the best AA/FC the last few years? AAA title rights at Pomona has already flown the coupe. Don't know terms but does In and Out have deep pockets? More power to 'em! Maybe another team is involved, think underperformers this year. Kallita, Leah and maybe another tuner for Stewart. Going to be interesting.
The Prock Family is basically the upper echelon work force at JFR except for the Forces. Almost for sure no changes there. (Don't know terms but does In and Out have deep pockets?) Lets put it this way - Lynsi is (Was) the youngest female to ever become a Billionair! - And that is a company entirely owned by Lynsi Lavelle Snyder-Ellingson. I'd say her pockets are pretty deep. She ran S/C or S/G when she was younger but was not allowed to move up to AF/D by Grandma because she is the sole living surviver of the Snyder family. Hamburgers been Berry Berry good to her.

after the kloeber/oberhoffer episode earlier this year, anything is possible.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back