Rumor Is True (1 Viewer)

They're denying it until they finalize the deal, from what I understand Walmart is offering a lot more money than the race track(s) bring in.

It's VERY possible to push back against Walmart AND WIN. We did it in my city recently as they wanted to put it right next to a neighborhood and literally a mile away from another supercenter ON THE SAME ROAD. It took time, people going to city council meetings and writing the city nonstop, etc... But we stopped them from building it. Thank God. It was literally a mile away.

And were not nearly as big as they(in Palm Beach?) are. Population of maybe 60-70k people here.

Edit: or not. Statistics say Palm Beach has a permanent residence population of less than 9k people. Wha???

Edit #2: Jupiter, FL where it's at had a population of 65k in 2019. W Palm Beach was 109k. So even Jupiter themselves is big enough to push back against Walmart if they really want to. We did with the same population.

Last edited:
Walmart is a huge company, and so is PBIR what they should do is buy the property and make it work for everybody look at all the room there is right off the road in front of the track
i am not sure what the distribution center size is set to be but there is almost 3 million sq ft in front of the track ( google map measuring thing) if they buy the land they could build
and leave the track alone and have both. Walmart could be the winner thru and thru once they buy the place they probably wont be leaving anytime soon so the track will have lifetime
operation security ,we can still drag race, Indy car ,road course, swap meet ,street outlaws , citrus nats etc. they can paste Walmart all over the track which gets TV time and they will be
appreciated for not tearing down the only race track of this type for hundreds of miles thats been there for close to 50 years...

Andy, Walmart could careless about a race track and its possible that PBIR wants to unload the whole deal.
Yes. Whenever a thread like this starts, too many people assume the track owner wants to keep the track and keep it operating. It is entirely possible that the owners are ready to move on.

Right now is the best time to sell land in the last 15 years. The price per acre is the highest ever and if I was a track owner it would definitely be worth looking at my cash flow vs net gain. Let's be honest, your not going to get rich operating a drag strip nowadays. Im guessing insurance and maintenance alone is the so called "achilles heel" in this business.

Right now is the best time to sell land in the last 15 years. The price per acre is the highest ever and if I was a track owner it would definitely be worth looking at my cash flow vs net gain. Let's be honest, your not going to get rich operating a drag strip nowadays. Im guessing insurance and maintenance alone is the so called "achilles heel" in this business.
Everything is for sale and everything has a price.

Yes. Whenever a thread like this starts, too many people assume the track owner wants to keep the track and keep it operating. It is entirely possible that the owners are ready to move on.
I believe they are ready to bail out, just like Len Capone at Atco, the racing business is a pain in the ass and with big corporations ready to buy land at top dollar I'd bail out too.

One thing that Amazon, Walmart and other distribution companies look at is easy Interstate access, that's why NHRA bailed on Atlanta Dragway for big bucks.

All I know is that the Beeline Highway (The road you get to PBIR from) is going to become the impromptu dragstrip and watch, the whine-and-cheese crowd in Caloosa (The "high class" equestrian neighborhood near to the track) will be complaining once all the street racing happens.

Sam I always do a double take when you talk about the Beeline Hwy. We have the same name here in Phoenix. It's the road the old Beeline Drags was on. Now it's the road you take to go up to Payson. Used to be a two lane road & had some nasty accidents. Now it's a divided hwy, 2 lanes each side. Nice ride to the high country.

I believe they are ready to bail out, just like Len Capone at Atco, the racing business is a pain in the ass and with big corporations ready to buy land at top dollar I'd bail out too.

One thing that Amazon, Walmart and other distribution companies look at is easy Interstate access, that's why NHRA bailed on Atlanta Dragway for big bucks.

When an owner wants out of the drag racing business, there may not be an offers from people who want to keep the drag strip operating. And if there are, they may not be able to afford to pay as much as someone who wants the land for other uses.

Yesterday's front page of the Palm Beach Post:

PBIR.jpg

I wanted to post a link to the full story but the Post has a paywall to read the story on line so I took a photo of the front page to show you guys.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back