Roy Hill’s Drag Racing School Hosts Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated at zMax (1 Viewer)

Roy Hill’s Drag Racing School Hosts Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated at zMax Dragway

(5-10-2011) CONCORD, NC – When Robert Chambless, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, was looking for a way to bring his sales team together in a fun and energizing way, a day of learning the ropes of drag racing at Roy Hill’s Drag Racing School fit the bill perfectly.

On Wednesday, May 4th, Chambless and his team met at zMax Dragway just outside of Charlotte, NC, where they rode in the Roy Hill’s Drag School two and three-seater dragsters, watched a match race between Chambless and Hill in the school’s Super Comp dragsters, then took to the wheel themselves in six Roy Hill 2010 Mustangs for a full-on eliminations race between the entire team.

“Our team had an absolute blast out here with Roy today,” Chambless said. “A lot of these team members have never been to or even seen a drag race, so they were in for quite a rush when they jumped in the ride-along dragsters. By the time we got to the actual race in the Mustangs they were having the time of their lives, keeping up with the action on a bracket they had created and brought with them to the track.”

“We were fortunate to have over thirty Coca-Cola Consolidated employees with us today,” said Roy Hill. “It’s been really great working with them. Last year we had a small deal with them through the drag racing school and hosted over 3,500 of their employees during the NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star race and Coca-Cola 600, and this year we’ve expanded on that to include the Super Stock national event and match race program that I’m running in 2011.”

As fun as it is, a day at Roy Hill’s Drag Racing School is also a great tool to sharpen the mind, a process that starts on the drag strip but easily carries over to the workplace.

“When you get all of your sales force together to do something like this, it’s a winning situation for everyone involved,” Hill said. “Their brains really go to work after an experience like this. You can hear all you want to about drag racing, but when you come out and go for a ride, and then drive, it really flips a switch. I’m sure these folks will go back to work feeling like they now have another gear they can go into when they need it.”

This corporate team-building event was just another feature of the partnership between Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, the Charlotte, NC-based independent Coca-Cola bottler that is the largest in the US, and Roy Hill.

“I think we had a lot of people that left happy today,” Hill said. “Especially the gentleman that won the race and received the big trophy from Hayes Jewelers in Lexington, NC, as well as $500 cash. That’s pretty good for a day at the race track. I know I’ve been to a lot of races and run for less than $500!”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back