Ron Capps Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Norwalk (1 Viewer)

Capps logo.jpg

Norwalk Pre-Race Report
NHRA Norwalk Nationals

Event 10 of 22
Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park
Norwalk, Ohio
June 24 – 26, 2022

RON CAPPS: Driver of the NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota GR Supra Funny Car

Capps 1.jpg
Stats 1.jpg

Noteworthy:
Enters the event as the most recent winner on tour having powered to victory in Bristol last weekend.
The win was his second as a team owner and 70th overall.
Became the first Toyota Funny Car pilot to drive the new GR Supra to victory.
Captured the pole at the 2021 Norwalk race.

Fan Events:
Capps will join his Toyota Gazoo Racing North America teammates for a Team Toyota autograph session at the Toyota Midway display on Saturday, June 25 from 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Quotable:
“I love this part of the season, the summer months with these back-to-back races. I have so many great memories of being able to travel with the kids out to the Norwalk race. The Bader family always puts on a great show, and I’m especially happy about the fact that we will have four qualifying sessions this weekend. We’ll have a Friday night session and the conditions and weather look fantastic so, I think we’ll see a lot of great racing.
“We’re coming off of a win from Bristol in very demanding conditions. Our NAPA AutoCare team has been very busy during these couple of days in between Bristol and Norwalk getting everything ready to go for this weekend. We’ve got a lot of great NAPA and GearWrench guests coming out, which is awesome. I flew home after Bristol, celebrated my birthday with the family, and now I’m taking my son, Caden, who’s on summer break, and bringing him to Norwalk with me so I’m very much looking forward to this weekend.”

About Ron Capps Motorsports
Established in 2021, Ron Capps Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Funny Car team owned and operated by reigning and two-time world champion Ron Capps. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team made its on-track debut in 2022, and competes on the 22-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of NAPA AUTO PARTS, Toyota, and GearWrench.
Capps, who serves as both the owner and driver of his namesake operation, is the second-winningest Funny Car pilot in NHRA history with 69 wins in the category, and 70 overall (1 Top Fuel). The 2022 NHRA season marks Capps’ 28th year competing in the sport’s professional ranks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back