Ron Capps Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Chicago (1 Viewer)

Capps logo.jpg

Route 66 NHRA Nationals
Event 6 of 21
Route 66 Raceway
Joliet, Ill.
May 19 – 21, 2023

RON CAPPS: Driver of the NAPA Auto Parts Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
2023-05-17_11-07-57.jpg
Capps stats.jpg

Fan Events:
Saturday, 11:00 – 11:25 a.m., #2Fast2Tasty autograph session – Mission Foods midway
Saturday, 11:30 a.m. – noon, Team Toyota autograph session – Toyota midway
Quotable:
“Obviously, a lot of excitement around this race and it starts with the fact that we haven’t been there in a few years. A lot of great memories from that facility. I remember my first run down Route 66 Raceway in a Funny Car, and it seems like just yesterday. We’re really excited to get back out there and I know the fans are as well. The weekend is going to be full of a lot of cool stuff. For us, we have the Toyota Supra Showdown on Saturday and I’m going to be racing against one of the best leavers in Top Fuel in Justin Ashley. Obviously, we want to get another Supra Showdown win for our Funny Car team, and we’ll see if we can’t pull that off on Saturday. On top of that, the #2Fast2Tasty Challenge gives us a chance for some bonus money, and more importantly, points, which we can pocket for the Countdown later in the year. So, thank you again, Mission Foods, for putting that up. We’re very pumped and excited to be involved in it this weekend and hopefully, we’ll start Sunday having already raced to the win on Saturday in the #2Fast2Tasty Challenge. Overall, just looking forward to a great weekend back in the Chicago area.”

About Ron Capps Motorsports
Established in 2021, Ron Capps Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Funny Car team owned and operated by reigning and three-time world champion Ron Capps. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team made its on-track debut in 2022 and competes on the 21-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of NAPA Auto Parts, Toyota, and GearWrench.
Capps, who serves as both the owner and driver of his namesake operation, is the second-winningest Funny Car pilot in NHRA history with 72 wins in the category. His 73 overall wins (1 Top Fuel) rank sixth amongst NHRA’s four premier classes. The 2023 NHRA season marks Capps’ 29th year competing in the sport’s professional ranks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back