Ron Capps Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Brainerd (1 Viewer)

NHRA Brainerd Nationals Event Highlights:

• Seven-time event champion (1998, 2001, 2012-2014, 2019, 2023)
  • Four-time runner-up (1997, 2009, 2011, 2022)
  • Two-time No. 1 qualifier (2000, 2023)

2023 NHRA Brainerd Nationals Event Recap:
Qualified No. 1; Event champion (defeated Jim Campbell in E1, Tim Wilkerson in E2, Bob Tasca in E3, Robert Hight in E4)

Last Event (Sonoma):
Qualified third; Event runner-up (defeated Cruz Pedregon in E1, J.R. Todd in E2, Matt Hagan in E3; defeated by Bob Tasca in E4)

2024 Statistics:
12 races; two runner-up finishes

Career Statistics:
641 races; 76 wins, 37 No. 1 qualifiers

Noteworthy:

• Returns as the defending event champion
    • Capps’ Brainerd triumph moved him into the points lead, which he carried through the Indianapolis race where he secured the No. 1 seed to start the 2023 NHRA Countdown
  • Seeking his third consecutive Brainerd final round appearance after powering to victory from the pole in 2023, and a runner-up finish in 2022
  • Raced to a runner-up finish at the NHRA Sonoma Nationals, the most recent event on tour, and is seeking to go one step further this weekend to clinch his first victory of the season
  • NC Machine and Tool, a provider of machining and manufacturing services out of Winnipeg, Manatoba, join Capps and the NAPA team as a supporting partner for the Brainerd Nationals
    • Father and son owners Dan and Chris Roche have been attending the Brainerd event for more than 30 years. When they saw Capps’ Seattle explosion last month, they knew they wanted to get involved and support the NAPA team when the NHRA tour made its way to their home track

Fan Events:

• Saturday, 9:30 – 10 a.m., Mission #2Fast2Tasty autograph session, Mission Foods midway display

Quotable:
“We talk about this every August. The Brainerd Nationals always brings up different emotions for different race teams. I’ve been lucky enough to have had a lot of success at Brainerd. It’s a race I always get excited about when I see it on the schedule. We have quite a few fun events leading into the weekend, including a fishing event on Thursday. It’s a great team bonding day for our NAPA team. We also have NC Machine joining us this weekend. That came about from a friend I met in Sturgis who saw the accident in Seattle and wanted to help and support our team. It’s so cool because he’s someone who has been coming to this race and has had a suite up in the tower for 25 years. That’s really what the Brainerd Nationals mean more than anything, from my perspective. It’s a great race, you’ve got the U.S. Nationals right around the corner, but it’s really about the people. You roam out into the Zoo and get to meet the thousands of people that come from all over. They’re the ones that make it so much fun. You won’t find a track with better fans than you’ll see when you’re in Brainerd at the ropes signing autographs or you pop out into the Zoo. So, we’re looking forward to it. This is always a great race for our NAPA team and hopefully we can add to the number of wins we have there.”

The post Ron Capps Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Brainerd appeared first on Ron Capp Motorsports.

Continue reading...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back