Roger Gates is in here..... (1 Viewer)

Cliff
Thank you for posting this article when I read the section in the article about me saving the life of Tim Ditt during the the Garlits explosion it still brings a tears to my eyes knowing that I was at the right place at the right time to save him. I will NEVER forget that day.
PS: Tim said the last thing he remembered before he passed out was a black man standing over him with a real pain in his arm pit. (not a black man a Black cowboy hat) LOL
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter
🤠

Last edited:
Thank you Larry. I won't forget that day either, cuz I was there. Ya know, as bad as the accident was, you saved Tim's life. I think Garlits saved a lot of lives as well, by introducing his version of the back motor car. How many engine explosions didn't burn the driver cuz the engine was now behind them. That really was an historical day in drag racing.

Dad and I were there as well. That was some March day at Lions. Larry has always and forever will be my favorite gut ever to click the starters switch.

It just is another memory that burns in my brain from that track, still the best ever with well over 150 races under my belt at Lions.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back