Rod Fuller (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
NHRA.com Article

From the article...
"Team owner David Powers confirmed that Fuller's car will be sponsored by Valvoline for the first two races of the 2007 season, as previously committed to by the team, and that his team and Bazemore's Matco Tools operation will have a new modern hospitality area that will house up to 300 guests, along with a new tech trailer. “We couldn't be more excited about our team heading into the season,” said Powers."

Does this mean that Fuller loses Valvoline as a sponsor after the first two races? Did I read this totally wrong or is something else in the works for them? It almost seemed from the article like Matco is going to sponsor both dragsters. But I could have read that one wrong too. :cool:

I certainly didnt make things much clearer. I had to read it a couple of times and still got out of it what you did...

Sounds to me like Valvoline is only on board for two races, then that car will either be unsponsored, with Powers running on his nickel, or they have someone else coming on board. I doubt Matco is footing the bill for both cars. Of course, I could be wrong...

glad i'm not the only one confused by the article. i re-read it 3 times to make sure i didn't miss something.

“We're excited to have ‘Hot Rod' Fuller as part of the team along with Whit to do battle with our competitors,” Matco Tools Motorsports Marketing Manager John Torok said. “We look forward to having two Lee Beard-tuned race cars in the winner's circle many times during the season.”

That seems to indicate a sponsorship for both cars.

"Team owner Powers confirmed that Fuller's car will be sponsored by Valvoline for the first two races of the 2007 season, as previously committed to by the team, and then move to an associate position on both cars."

Maybe between Matco and Valvoline there will be enough money? Just a guess.

Sounds to me like the big letters on the side panels are available after the first two races if anyone is looking.

Sounds to me like the big letters on the side panels are available after the first two races if anyone is looking.

Well . . . it looks like everyone who participated in the very active earlier Hot Rod thread is right - and wrong! Powers press release creates more questions than answers.
#5 in TF last year and sponsorship after Phoenix is a mystery - go figure! - :confused:

The new National Dragster has the whats new with the top 10 pros. Hot Rod says Bazemore got his entire team,including Lee Beard and that if he came back, Rob Flynn would be his crew chief. It also says Hot Rod would have an answer by Jan. 15th.

The new National Dragster has the whats new with the top 10 pros. Hot Rod says Bazemore got his entire team,including Lee Beard and that if he came back, Rob Flynn would be his crew chief. It also says Hot Rod would have an answer by Jan. 15th.
Thanks Paul...new National Dragster out already, huh? If my mail service is as screwed up as it was last year, I`ll get it by Winternationals weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back