RIP Leo Taugher (1 Viewer)

Awww, crap! I was on a high note and this brought me back to Earth hard. I always enjoyed working a race where Leo was the announcer.

Leo was almost one of a kind - he knew everybody and he loved his drag race announcing job. In many ways, he was a lot like Lynne Nickerson, so maybe we should pause and remember two great announcers who lost their battles with Cancer after putting up a good fight. Both were great guys who never met anyone they didn't like and remember and it just seems unfair that we lost both of them way too soon.

RIP Leo, they will have the latest model Cadillacs where you are headed.

Awww, crap! I was on a high note and this brought me back to Earth hard. I always enjoyed working a race where Leo was the announcer.

Leo was almost one of a kind - he knew everybody and he loved his drag race announcing job. In many ways, he was a lot like Lynne Nickerson, so maybe we should pause and remember two great announcers who lost their battles with Cancer after putting up a good fight. Both were great guys who never met anyone they didn't like and remember and it just seems unfair that we lost both of them way too soon.

RIP Leo, they will have the latest model Cadillacs where you are headed.

You nailed it Larry-I always loved racing where Leo was announcing-I'd crew for either my car or Al Ackerman's car and Leo would always say something good about the car or us (he did that with all the racers). So after the car made the run and I was heading towards the golf cart, I'd look up to the announcer's booth and wave and Leo would smile that wonderful smile and wave back. I'll still love going to race in D3 because I get to see my friends from that division; it's just now there will be one friend missing who can't be replaced.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back