Richie Crampton Out? (1 Viewer)

jgrigz

Nitro Member
During the World Finals broadcast I heard them say that Richie Crampton was without a ride next year at Kalitta. Assuming I heard correctly, does anyone know what his plans are for 2020?

During the World Finals broadcast I heard them say that Richie Crampton was without a ride next year at Kalitta. Assuming I heard correctly, does anyone know what his plans are for 2020?
Well he builds chassis at Lucas Fab, aside from that, I’m sure like many he’ll be hunting for a ride. Jonnie Lindberg is also done at Head Racing.

Looking for a ride i guess. Guess langdon going back to top fuel

You generally don't hear about the musical chairs until after the new year. I guess everyone want to get the ball rolling for next season.

I wonder if Lindberg will go back to TA/FC? He could get a full time gig as a tuner for that class. I'd like to see what he could do with a blown alky dragster.

I thought that I read that Alexander will be driving for Head next year? Sold his equipment?

richie just completed 2nd full year right? with partial races to end the 2017 season i think. sealmaster and craftsman were short stints, but main sponsor was DHL/Kalitta Air.
DHL funny car still good for next year? ......seems odd that the kalitta/dhl partnership is going away. at least for 1 TF'r.

richie just completed 2nd full year right? with partial races to end the 2017 season i think. sealmaster and craftsman were short stints, but main sponsor was DHL/Kalitta Air.
DHL funny car still good for next year? ......seems odd that the kalitta/dhl partnership is going away. at least for 1 TF'r.
It's my understanding that the Global sponsorship is going to another team (Paul Lee) therefore Kalitta is parking the #2 FC that Langdon drives, at least until there is funding for the #2 car. So Crampton is being put on the unemployed driver list, Langdon will drive the DHL TF car, Doug will remain in the Mac Tools TF car and Todd will still drive the DHL FC.

I though I had heard that Connie funds the DHL cars out of his own pocket and puts DHL on the cars in exchange for air freight business. Somebody with inside knowledge will correct me on this, I'm sure.

I thought that I read that Alexander will be driving for Head next year? Sold his equipment?
It's now official. See article on Competition Plus.

Last edited:
I though I had heard that Connie funds the DHL cars out of his own pocket and puts DHL on the cars in exchange for air freight business. Somebody with inside knowledge will correct me on this, I'm sure.
Regardless of the arrangement with DHL, the Global sponsorship is leaving Kalitta, therefore there is currently no funding for the #2 FC that Langdon drives. So it's sounding like DHL will still be in the J.R. Todd FC as well as the #2 TF car that Crampton drove, however Crampton will be replaced by Langdon.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back