Remembering Big Black Broke Bill Bailey (1 Viewer)

glofria

Nitro Member
I don't know if this title is appropriate for today's times, but on the Nitro Revival Facebook page Steve Gibbs gave Bill Bailey a posting and people are responding with wonderful memories of this icon of the racing scene in Southern California. don't think he ever race a car, but everyone knew of him and many of the racers would use his craft. Bill passed away years ago and now his sewing machine is on displayed at the NHRA Museum at the Pomona Fairplex.

Here is a story written by fellow mater Darr Hawthorne soon after Bill passed away;

I did a lot of business with the president of the 5 B club. First patched and stuff sewn on at Lions. He was great, watched him embroider and so much more. The guy was awesome and super nice. I would talk to him every time I saw him. His early bus and the later one was really trick.

TopFuel@Lions

that is a nice display of his stuff at the nhra museum,i remember the last time is saw his bus going up the 5 by gorman. maybe 20 years ago.

If you had an embroidered track jacket you were the s&*t back in the day. Saw Bill at OCIR and Pomona. He was a very important part of SoCal drag racing,

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back