Random thoughts on Midwest Nationals (8 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

DanTheFan

Nitro Member
Force’s car (Beckman) is in top form …. New consistency.
Prock still going to win championship. Big time dominating.
Strongest TF field I can remember. Lots of cars could have won. Great job by newer entries and part timers.
How does Zizzo run at the top with so few laps? Very impressive!
Ashley is still crazy good on the tree. Somebody has to figure that out. I still think he wins championship.
Great to have Alan back calling the race. Was it only because Galvin was absent? 😠

Why were the Nitro Funny Cars the last cars to run, in order to close out the day? Traditionally, the Fuel Dragsters did this.

clay millican should get some kind of award titled 'fastest first round loser'. (tony stewart also contending for this award)
surprised to see hagan struggling so much.
sounds like schumacher team made some sort of discovery about how discs were being ground at shop? (in august?)
mark pawuk wins factory stock shootout season title, in a dodge no less. he seemed very moved when interviewed after win
10th thru 13th FC points have not changed since indy reset.

Last edited:
Why were the Nitro Funny Cars the last cars to run, in order to close out the day? Traditionally, the Fuel Dragsters did this.
more than likely they TF was ready and FC was not. Sometimes they switch them around due to TV time concerns.

3D scanners were in use in st. louis. a couple of the factory X cars won the lottery and were DQ'd from event.
two cars that were not part of pulleygate. good grief there sure is a lot of turmoil in this class.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what's going on in Top Fuel. FC is coming out and land haymakers running low 80's and the quickest pass thus far this season in Rd1. Meantime, TF is laying up like they are all Shooter McGavin or David Simms (if you get your golf movie references). Best they can muster is a 3.70? I've seen this a lot this year. Half the teams should have been running at least mid 60's. Pretty disappointed in the TF showing.

I'm wondering what's going on in Top Fuel. FC is coming out and land haymakers running low 80's and the quickest pass thus far this season in Rd1. Meantime, TF is laying up like they are all Shooter McGavin or David Simms (if you get your golf movie references). Best they can muster is a 3.70? I've seen this a lot this year. Half the teams should have been running at least mid 60's. Pretty disappointed in the TF showing.
The only change I know of is the tubing on the front half being thicker. Maybe the cars aren't flexing as much and therefore have to tune differently.

The only change I know of is the tubing on the front half being thicker. Maybe the cars aren't flexing as much and therefore have to tune differently.
You got me thinking so i went back and looked.
Low ET at the Gators was a 3.82 in FC in qualifying and TF low ET was a 3.65, run on race day.
Pomona, FC low ET was 3.89 and TF was 3.68, both on race day
Chandler, FC Low ET was 3.84 and TF was 3.67, both in qualifying
Vegas, Nothing impressive worth note
Concord, FC 3.82, TF 3.69 both in qualifying.

...and it gets worse from there. They had the new chassis in Gainesville. FC is still throwing down when they get the chance and It seriously feels like TF is just laying up.

Every funny car in the semi-finals ran a 3.88! Wonder when the last time all four had the same et?

They were telling the track was repaved and needed some runs on it. Evidently it wasn't paved the full 1320 or 1000 as Alan Johnson remarked they (Doug's car) were having difficulty going from the new to the old pavement.

clay millican should get some kind of award titled 'fastest first round loser'. (tony stewart also contending for this award)
surprised to see hagan struggling so much.
sounds like schumacher team made some sort of discovery about how discs were being ground at shop? (in august?)
mark pawuk wins factory stock shootout season title, in a dodge no less. he seemed very moved when interviewed after win
10th thru 13th FC points have not changed since indy reset.

SO being Pawuk won in a Dodge, How long before the rules change. Anyone like to set up a poll, odds on this happening.

anyone know if any of the other challengers in factory stock are a product of geoff turk's shop?
does G.T. help mark pawuk with his setup? i have no idea. still too bad G.T. withdrew his blackbird entry from factory X

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back