Q4 Topeka (1 Viewer)

twostep

Nitro Member
Anyone attend? Didya enjoy Q4 today? 11 nitro funnies and 5 of the 9 dragsters that made passes blew the tires off. Helluva show for the fans. It was warm but at 87 degrees ambient temp, not unusually so for June 8 in Topeka, Kansas. These guys are gonna have to pull their 1995 setups out of the bag.....

Anyone attend? Didya enjoy Q4 today? 11 nitro funnies and 5 of the 9 dragsters that made passes blew the tires off. Helluva show for the fans. It was warm but at 87 degrees ambient temp, not unusually so for June 8 in Topeka, Kansas. These guys are gonna have to pull their 1995 setups out of the bag.....
Sad. :(

I think it will be a driver & crew chief race today. The Alky classes are running good for the heat. Pro Mod not doing too bad, again cuz of hot conditions. FSS having problems hooking up, lower 8's. Leah is already out, no Mopars left.

They just ran both alky classes. Temp 72 degrees, so everyone was fast. Shawn Cowie quickest on alky, 5.235 - 277, but Jeggie quicker in A/FD at 5.226 - 275. In TA/FC, Sean Bellemeur quickest winner, 5.458 - 269. Am keeping an eye on Jay Payne and Nick Januik. Times will slow down as the day gets hotter, but this was a great round.

They just ran both alky classes. Temp 72 degrees, so everyone was fast. Shawn Cowie quickest on alky, 5.235 - 277, but Jeggie quicker in A/FD at 5.226 - 275. In TA/FC, Sean Bellemeur quickest winner, 5.458 - 269. Am keeping an eye on Jay Payne and Nick Januik. Times will slow down as the day gets hotter, but this was a great round.

Not to nitpick, but that was Troy jr. not Jeggie........

Alan

Can't tell your Coughlins without a program.....just need to invest in an age-progression software....

The Coughlins 1979 - his wife, Monica, and sons, Mike, John, Jeg Jr., and Troy.jpg

Alan, I hadn't made a mistake in, oh, 10 min..... heh heh Yeah Troy Jr. He is doing great in T/AD this year. Almost wish he'd stay there instead of going back to T/F.

Quite a changeup for today....wild ProMod show....and while I understand the reasoning for not running Q4, the fans and the sponsors take it in the shorts when that happens. Guess if you're unsponsored/self-sponsored, you can afford to blow off a qualifying session.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back