Put yourself in Wilk's shoes (1 Viewer)

lmhb oyf

Nitro Member
As a Wilk fan this has obviously been a downer of a season. I can't imagine the frustration and disappointment that the troubles of this season have placed on Tim and his team.

There's been a good amount of turnover in the team which hasn't helped, of course and I know he's stated that the thought of partnering with someone else is out because of a trust factor.

Still, I'd personally like to see him partner with someone in order to get some sort of help.

I just hate to see a great guy on the outside looking in.

As much as I'm not a Force fan on race day, he paid Tim one of the best compliments a year or so ago when after racing him. He saidsomething to the effect of, "They're a hell of a team and if they just had the money, he'd be in the hunt all the time."

If you were in his shoes what would you do?

I'd check any kind of partner out, Drew.

Tim is in the same vein as Densham..IMO.

Great people..great drivers..great public stuff..would be great for any sponsor. It's a dying breed, my Man. But I hear ya..it's painful to witness.

His new car might have helped. When is the last time he went 4.80 at 325? Hopefully he can get things headed in the right direction.

My guess is the Levi, Ray and Shoup guys cut Tim's funding? Consistantcy's the first thing to go, hearing about Team Turnover only makes the suspicion more realistic.

Well everyone is right, been one of those seasons that has been very frustrating for Tim and his team, the team turn over was just from mainly from retirement, but the new tire deal has hampered the team alot, not being able to test alot puts you behind, if you go to 1320 tv and watch Tommy's winning interview he commented that they have changd there combimation several times trying to get a tuneup that the new tire likes, so maybe with Tim going to a new chassis, changing fuel system etc they might have headed in the right direction, so hope so, and thanks to Dick and his great compoany LRS for supporting Tim through this ruff period, there has no one worked any harder in trying to get his car turned around, when you are the team owner, driver and tuner that is a lot of head aches, then throw on top of that is two businesses, he keeps busy. Of course it would be great for someone to team up with Tim, but Tim will give it 110 percent to get this season headed in a better direction for next year. I will be at the world series of drag racinging at Cordova, and the U.S. Nationals stop by and say hello, will be with Daniel Wilks alky car at both places.

Mark,

As Justin said thanks for the update and I agree, LRS and Wilk have a great relationship and I don't see that wavering anytime soon.

I know Tim and his crew work their collective rear ends off and I didn't mean to imply anything to the contrary.

I just feel for those guys as independents. Sure makes it tough.

Hopefully the new parts and info will help them return to form. :)

it's a shame there had to be a loser in that 2nd round race
wilk vs. head - great to see the one car teams running good numbers.

Yes was a shame in round two, two great racers there for sure, of course Gilby had a pretty good weekend also, Drew, assume you will be around at Indy? tell Kevin hi for me also.

Yes, of course I'll be at Indy. :D

Looking forward to that for sure. Kevin's coming out for Sunday and possibly Monday.

I'll pass along your "hello". :)

it's a shame there had to be a loser in that 2nd round race
wilk vs. head - great to see the one car teams running good numbers.
Great to see Head go a couple rounds. Great looking car.
What was JR Todd saying about if he had a "team" car, Head would be it?
I was hoping Scelzi would go up in smoke (like the round before) to send Jim to the finals. Dunn said they only gave Heads team a 45 minute turn around due to him being the last pair in round 2 and the weather situation. :mad:

Last edited:
Tony that is only a guess, remember Bruce Larson? He won the Championship in '89, the next year he wasn't even in the Top 5, Bruce Larson later had said that Sentry cut they're funding by 30%!

Anytime a single car team makes it rounds I pull for them. As for Tim teaming up with someone else I dont think it will happen. Just goes to show what the big money teams have done to the sport. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back