Professor Dave..... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I don't know if he still posts here, but his driver Lee Zane crashed in 1st round of Comp at Chicago when Jenny Treadwell's dragster lost control and collided with him after the finish line. Glad to see both drivers OK but that was pretty scary to watch.

When they showed the replay it looks like Treadwell's tires locked up after the finish line (They weren't even spinning) and that is what caused her car to start spinning out of control. Maybe malfunctioning brakes or broken rear end?

I have not seen a video, so this is just my guess.
It is possible for the car to have gone into reverse if the car is put in neutral after the finish line. Even though the shifter has a reverse lockout, if the chassis flexes enough (bump at or after the finish line ) I have seen it happen.
Again, just my guess.

I also heard broken axle, although I've never seen a broken axle lock up the rear end like that. When I saw it happen and replayed it a few times I was guessing ring/pinion blown up .... when she let out of the gas after clearly pulling ahead I was guessing the ring started driving the pinion with the car's momentum and the unit failed and locked up.

only bad thing about the video is because of a scoreboard sign it's where they switch cameras on All Access so what I saw had some space gaps, but the rear end was clearly locked. Anyone who sees the video, see if you think the car looks jerky backing up from the burn out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back