Pro Stock (2 Viewers)

Cliff

Nitro Member
I'm just commenting here. The last few races, Pro Stock has been replaced by MMPS and Pro Mod. I'm really not missing PS. It's like the class has been replaced and I'm enjoying the replacements. Kinda wish NHRA would run the season with half Pro Mod and half MMPS. Probably won't happen, but if PS went away then this would be what racing would look like. Just my 2 cents.

Ive missed pro stock ALOT

I'm with you. I go to 9-10 National events per year. Lucky for me Topeka is the only one I am going to this yeat that doesn't have Pro Stock. It probably will be my last year at Topeka. I can deal with Pro Stock and no bikes but not with both missing.

count me as missing it too. Name me one nhra class, other than pro stock that incorporates 'all out' racing , equal rules for everybody, and the driver has a substantial impact on the performance of the car. Its drag racing in its purest form !!! yet its hated by so many!

count me as missing it too. Name me one nhra class, other than pro stock that incorporates 'all out' racing , equal rules for everybody, and the driver has a substantial impact on the performance of the car. Its drag racing in its purest form !!! yet its hated by so many!
No Pro Stock, No Top Sportsman and this is home track. Record runs every year NHRA had their heads where the sun dont shine on this one.

I can't say I've missed them, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it when they run. If anything, I think it's nice that there's a wider variety from race to race. It makes each one feel more unique, rather than same show, different place.

They didn't run pro stock at Atlanta? oh. I didn't even think of them during the telecast. See what obsessive secrecy and cookie cutter spec racing gets you.

I think the Southeast Gassers would make a great addition to the telecast. Cool cars (lose the stupid rebel flags and a few of the car names), wheelies and manually shifted 4 speeds.

I was watching Pro Stock from the 1990's on YT and was more excited about the runs and close finishes. And I had already seen those before....

What I don't like is Pro Mod is coming up on FS2 which I don't have....

I was watching Pro Stock from the 1990's on YT and was more excited about the runs and close finishes. And I had already seen those before....

What I don't like is Pro Mod is coming up on FS2 which I don't have....
Start streaming Bob only $50 on. HULU and you can get a lot of stations including FS2. I wasn't sure about it but once I figured it out it's great. I can get NHRA.TV on my 50" TV. It works great

I have not missed Pro Stock, even though it was once one of my favorite classes. But NHRA has bastardized the class so badly with the full carbon fiber sliced-n-diced bodies, bulging "flat" hoods, and now all Chevy engines. And yes, a Mustang with a DRCE is a CHEVY. There's not even a hint of stock to them; the class is a disgrace compared to what it was. Should be 2350 lbs., engine must match body, your choice carbs or FI, flat hood or scoop, and no rpm limit. My 2 cents...

I have not missed Pro Stock, even though it was once one of my favorite classes. But NHRA has bastardized the class so badly with the full carbon fiber sliced-n-diced bodies, bulging "flat" hoods, and now all Chevy engines. And yes, a Mustang with a DRCE is a CHEVY. There's not even a hint of stock to them; the class is a disgrace compared to what it was. Should be 2350 lbs., engine must match body, your choice carbs or FI, flat hood or scoop, and no rpm limit. My 2 cents...

I agree about the bringing back carbs, but just read a quote in a 2009 book this morning...

"Even Weedwackers don't have carburetors anymore....." - Warren Johnson

Thanks Bob I watch the whole thing. It would not be that hard to get back to 90s. Just use th factory motors and big three would be back

Thanks Bob I watch the whole thing. It would not be that hard to get back to 90s. Just use th factory motors and big three would be back
And just what do you think the existing teams should do with the hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars they've already invested? You're delusional if you think they're going to eat that cost just because some old timers are dreaming of going back in time!

And just what do you think the existing teams should do with the hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars they've already invested? You're delusional if you think they're going to eat that cost just because some old timers are dreaming of going back in time!
You phase it in, be@ides most parts are usable in other categories such as TS and TD

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back