Pro Stock Show on Fox TV (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
From www.DragRaceCentral.com

https://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=348382&NewHash=NHRA-SUMMIT#indextop

FS1 to Air Stand Alone Pro Stock Show
By Kelly Wade
drc4_00_leftdot.gif

TuneIn_Greg.jpg
CHANDLER, Ariz. – Tune in to FS1 for a special prime time NHRA on FOX telecast on Tuesday, February 26, from 9-10pm ET. The show will be packed full of exclusive, never-before seen content in addition to complete Pro Stock coverage of NHRA Arizona Nationals final eliminations for the ultra-competitive, high horsepower factory hot rods.
For the first time in the era of NHRA on FOX coverage, the entire broadcast will be focused solely on Pro Stock, a category that has been a mainstay in the series since 1970.
This is one show the true drag racing fan won't want to miss!
Full #NHRAonFOX TV Schedule for the Magic Dry Organic Absorbent NHRA Arizona Nationals:
Qualifying / Friday – 11 PM-12 AM ET / FS1
Qualifying / Saturday – 7-8 PM ET / FS1
Finals / Sunday – 6-8 PM ET / FS1
Pro Stock Finals / Tuesday – 9-10 PM ET / FS1

That's what I posted the other day, after people complained that it was on FS2 and unwatchable for most, they thought.

No, no its not.

FS1 @ 8pm central time on Feb 26

The wierdest thing that I thought about the fuel show last night was seeing just two drivers on the podium after the finals.

This is a good move for the PS guys though, for sure.

Part of me as a drag racing fan is happy that they are getting their own show and the air time and coverage they deserve. Another part of me is not happy because not being on the prime broadcast, the casual fan will not see them at all and it is highly unlikely that they will tune in for the pro stock broadcast.

Just another step in NHRA's plan to end Pro Stock. Now they don't even get any exposure in the "big show" on Sunday? That'll make it even harder to get sponsorship deals.

Yeah it’s great they’ll finally get the air time they need but what good will it do if nobody’s watching..

Why couldn’t they just give them equal air time during the regular broadcast? There was a ton of filler they coulda cut to air more Pro Stock. Just my opinion

this is an experiment worth doing. i have my doubts, but the proof will be in the ratings. probably worth doing more than once too, and watch trends between the nhra show ratings
and any 'reality' race or car shows competing with it.......just think if it works, nitro could get jealous, and before you know it we could have 'top fuel tuesday' and 'funny car friday' ;)

this is an experiment worth doing. i have my doubts, but the proof will be in the ratings. probably worth doing more than once too, and watch trends between the nhra show ratings
and any 'reality' race or car shows competing with it.......just think if it works, nitro could get jealous, and before you know it we could have 'top fuel tuesday' and 'funny car friday' ;)
Yeah, they will show it multi times on FS1

this is an experiment worth doing. i have my doubts, but the proof will be in the ratings.

This is basically where I'm at with it. There's really no disputing the pro of going from 10-15 minutes of total airtime on the main broadcast to a full dedicated hour. Complete no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. The con will be the delay, and the ratings will illustrate just how big that con is.

Sean D

The "No Prep" drag racing show on Discovery seems to work well weeknights in prime time, maybe Pro Stock will too?

This show won't be good for the teams in my opinion just because they're preaching to the choir with it. They need to get them out there with the general masses so there are more eyes glued to the TV and more exposure to corporate America.

I believe I read they are doing it a few times this year, maybe 5.

Having their own show could be good, it's the multi-day delay that will likely hurt it. I'd still prefer one show for all my racing but we'll see how this goes.

On February 27th there will be Moonshiners Full Throttle Drag Racing for current Gasser's who ever gets to finish line first goes to next round.
That's 4 Drag Racing shows in one week in prime time dont get any better than that.

This show won't be good for the teams in my opinion just because they're preaching to the choir with it. They need to get them out there with the general masses so there are more eyes glued to the TV and more exposure to corporate America.
These shows will be repeated multiple times.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back