Pro stock parachutes (1 Viewer)

I have watched the video many times of Bob Glidden in his pro stock car having one of the worse crashes in pro stock history, If I remember right Bob pulled the chute just as he lifted. the wind was blowing across the track causing the chute to whip to the right, with the tires being high at the finish line and less tire surface on the track the car came around and went into violent multiple rolls. Bob was ok by the grace of God. it was about that time that pro stock drivers always pull them under power.
Larry Sutton---🤠

I have watched the video many times of Bob Glidden in his pro stock car having one of the worse crashes in pro stock history, If I remember right Bob pulled the chute just as he lifted. the wind was blowing across the track causing the chute to whip to the right, with the tires being high at the finish line and less tire surface on the track the car came around and went into violent multiple rolls. Bob was ok by the grace of God. it was about that time that pro stock drivers always pull them under power.
Larry Sutton---🤠
Thanks Larry, I know cutes helped me a couple times

Why do we watch pro stock unload their laundry before the finish line?
Less mass to accelerate. If you could throw a 5 lb weight out the window in a drag race, would you do it? Plus give yourself as much shut down room as possible? Remember how much ground these cars cover at speed and those milliseconds make a difference that could end up being real important in the long run.

Having driven a Rick Jones pro stock car at pro stock speed many times, albeit in top sportsman, it's less eventful to drive full throttle into the chutes rather than hitting the chutes under deceleration. Less chance for the chutes to drag a$$ end of the car around.

Attachments

• 21106_383.jpg
    21106_383.jpg
    724 KB · Views: 17
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back