Pro Stock Countdown (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
If Erica is not going to participate in the Pro Stock Countdown to the Championship should she/Cagnazi withdraw and let the #11 car in to make it a 10 car showdown?
Just wondering...

Nope, it doesn't work that way. She earned enough points to secure the spot and withdrawing from future races doesn't erase the prior points earned.

Nope, it doesn't work that way. She earned enough points to secure the spot and withdrawing from future races doesn't erase the prior points earned.
Correct and she will get credited with (at worst) a 10th place finish even if she doesn't earn another point.

She'll come with enough cash... just watch. It may be skeleton crews and some Motel Six stays (and A LOT less plane flights- kinda like the Jr. days, eh EE?), but she'll be in the mix come Pomona time.

I predict they will run @ Charlotte and see what happens. If they do well and make up some ground,Daddy will come through.:p

This is not unprecedented. In 2009 Matt Guidera made the top 10 in 9th and never ran a race the rest of the year. He finished 10th in points. Rickie Jones made the top 10 in Pro Stock that year and only attended 3 of the 6 countdown races and DNQ'ed at Charlotte.

When your points are reset that is that. There is no withdrawing, there is no driver changing, you're locked in.

I predict they will run @ Charlotte and see what happens. If they do well and make up some ground,Daddy will come through.:p

I hope they run Charlotte ... Their shop is right up the road from the track, cuts way down on costs. Frankly, I was stunned they were a no show at Indy (except for the steam under Martino's hood).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back