Pro Bike And The Tree. (1 Viewer)

knightrider

Nitro Member
Well, it looks like all the hand ringing and boo-hooing about the tree was JUST that.:rolleyes: 4 rounds and not ONE red light. Guess the riders adapted.:cool:

I was shocked. I was one of the ones complaining about the need to change the lights.

I just hope it wasn't a one race freak deal or slow reactions due to the lack of air.

I'm no expert on this, but I think the wheel rings impact what goes on at the finish line, not the starting line. The lights are mounted higher at the big end.

Yeah, I think the wheel rings could have had a lot to do with it

Good possibility....correct me if I'm not thinking right,

the wheel rings add more depth to the wheel, so the wheel won't roll-out as quick...it looks like those rings are about 2" wide.

The rings have no effect at the starting line. The rule was implemented to respond to the finish line anomalies.

Also the lights at Bandimere Speedway are somewhat different than that at any other track. Everyone I know is always slower on the tree at Denver than anywhere else, it's just the altitude. so they may have something to do with it.

I dont think the rings have anything to do with the starting line due to the beams being so close to the ground approx 1.5"(they have to clear the bodys on the cars). The starting line beams are triggered by the tires and the timing beams down track are triggered by the body(front wheel in the case of PSB).

Feel free to correct me if Im wrong. :cool:

Also the lights at Bandimere Speedway are somewhat different than that at any other track. Everyone I know is always slower on the tree at Denver than anywhere else, it's just the altitude. so they may have something to do with it.

So you're saying the cars and cycles simply react slower at the higher altitude? :confused: :confused:

I am not necessarily saying the car and cycles, but there is something different about the lights up there on the mountain. Ask any driver? They are about 3 hundreths off the lights they normally cut. However if they set the clutch up after every run which is what Connolly does, they will improve each time.

i cant speak for the bikes but it's proubly the same as with my sons jr. dragster?
we have had to add a disc behind our wheels because the new rims we got are having a proublem on the starting line?
when my son goes in and lights the pre stage and he bumps in to light the stage the pre stage and and stage lights both go out and he keeps bumping up till the rear side of the tire and body work trip the beams? the starter at our track said it was cause the beams were to high? but it is for sure a proublem for us with the rims so cut out! we added the disc's and proublem solved!
so i guess you would have to make your own assumption as to the shields effecting the lights or not! it does on our car!

With the extremely high density altitude at Denver, any engine is not going to spin up as quickly as it would at a lower DA. Watch the bikes at Sonoma, and I bet you see the apple again. If you don't then you can consider my theory blown out of the water.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back