PRITCHETT FINED $10,000 BY NHRA (1 Viewer)

10 grand for speeding? Was that her first infraction?
What justifies that kind of penalty?

She was "observed driving her vehicle into Gainesville Raceway at a high rate of speed." What does that mean? On the grounds or out on public streets? What, exactly, is a "high rate of speed"? Wow!

$10K sounds more in line like a fine for running a Dodge Demon on the track after the NHRA banned them...wasn't it one year ago they set that record at Gainesville?

Was it at the entrance on CR 225 or on the grounds after entering from the main road? If it was around crowds of people I can see some monetary fine but 10K seems a little high.

$10k speeding ticket-for an off track incident? You can't fine them NASCAR money if you don't have NASCAR payout!

A 10K fine is ridiculous. The NHRA is way out of line here.... I'm not saying Leah or any other pro driver (or sportsman for that matter) are above following the rules but where do they (NHRA) get off thinking a 10K fine is reasonable? There is either more to the story that we don't know about, or the NHRA officials have lost their minds. (again)

Back in the early 1970's at Irwindale Raceway one night I saw a rental car speeding through the pits. They were running funny cars, pro stockers, etc., that night. It went around a corner, caught the handle of a floor jack with a race car up the the air and knocked it off the jack and kept going. They circled around and came back the same direction, and the guy who owned the car that got knocked off the floor jack grabbed the jack handled, cut through the pits and went after them. He ended up stuffing the jack handle through the back window of the rental car when it went sailing by. Many years later I was telling Steve Plueger about it, and he said he was riding in that rental car, and it was Billy Meyer who was driving it.

Last edited:
Back in the early 1970's at Irwindale Raceway one night I saw a rental car speeding through the pits. They were running funny cars, pro stockers, etc., that night. It went around a corner, caught the handle of a floor jack with a race car up the the air and knocked it off the jack and kept going. They circled around and came back the same direction, and the guy who owned the car that got knocked off the floor jack grabbed the jack handled, cut through the pits and went after them. He ended up stuffing the jack handle through the back window of the rental car when it went sailing by. Many years later I was telling Steve Plueger about it, and he said he was riding in that rental car, and it was Billy Meyer wo was driving it.

Wasn't that in one of the Competition Plus War stories some years back?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back