Pretty Close To Home (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Stay Healthy everyone......
Alan

Alan - Thanks for posting this. I too see and hear daily from people that this virus is not a big deal. Bobby 's story is similar to another that I heard yesterday. I am of that "at risk" group and am quietly and so far healthy and content hanging out in my home and will stay right here until things calm down. Stay well

Thanks Alan. Everyone please check with your doctors, to be sure you can still do in-person appt's. Lots of docs are going to talking to patients via cell phone w/ camera, or computer w/ camera. Just found this out today with my own doc. If you're officially a senior, like age 60 & up, check with your local super markets & Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Winco, etc etc for senior days. You can get in about an hour before the horde. Make sure you're armed if yer buying T/P. :)

It's so strange , after what happened to me almost exactly a year ago ( https://nitromater.com/threads/good-to-be-back.42967/ ) to first see all the vaping injuries, and now this virus, with exactly the same damage being done to people as I had gone through....stuff you would not wish on an enemy...it's mind blowing.

Never thought that I would have a lung issue so dire, let alone the world experiencing them now in the tens of thousands. Those people in the ICUs deserve our undying gratitude for all they do. Imagine having to tend to all of the patients needs down to wiping their asses, all while worrying about catching the disease themselves. I couldn't do it.

Luckily it put me on the hand sanitizer and mask path early, pretty much right after getting back to work. Every ATM button, credit card and door handle are potential infections if you forget and touch your face, rub your eye or eat with your fingers. I couldn't be on an airplane or bus now out of health concerns. I've only been out twice since March 17th, and it wasn't to get some of that lifesaving toilet paper ...that's for sure.

Really sorry to hear you had to go through that Bobby ....get well soon and hope everyone stays healthy through this.

I have asthma, usually pretty mild, but this winter has been the worst ever. Have to use my inhaler a lot. I get out of breath taking a shower, cuz of the humidity I think. Doc gave me deep breathing exercises to do during the day. I will say that I've gotten a lot better since I've been staying at home. Just go out for food, etc. I had been working as a Navigator at Sky Harbor Airport in Phx, and that is when my asthma got worse. I love doing that job (giving info to passengers) but I bet I picked up my 3 bouts of the creeping crud there. The airport suspended the Navigator program, all volunteers, cuz most of us are in 70's & 80's. Man I pray we get back to normal ASAP, but I do think it will be awhile. Bob, my cat Gracie the Groupie says Hola Y'all to you & yer cats. :)

I use Walgreens and they have senior only hour from 8: 00 a.m. To 9:00 am daily as do 2 of my local supermarkets. Stores are basically empty and as a bonus they restock overnight so the selection is better. I will not walk into a crowded anything these days until things calm down.

Costco in Phoenix is allowing about 50 at a time to enter the store. rest wait in line. Maybe they can put an X on the ground so you know where the 6' distance is. (have already seen that). We did a survey of resturants in our area & drive thrus are doing OK but not like normal. Some resturants like Texas Roadhouse have tables outside where they take your order & also deliver. Those resturants are not doing well. Lot of them have a website, do your order & pay with credit card, but still down on business. Phoenix is not (yet) shelter in place but traffic way down. Guy in our neighborhood went to Walmart for senior day & said no problem getting stuff. Others say food OK, but no paper goods. Seems to be where you go & what time. Stores are getting deliverys at night, and afternoon as well.

bobby that is a horrific story what you endured. so glad for your recovery. this virus is so scary. just imagine that when you left for bakersfield in early march there were approx. 200 reported
cases in our country. on 3/21 the day you were admitted to PRISMA the count had exploded to approx. 30k, 5 days later and we're at over 65k and still going.

image006.jpg
image004.jpg

It's so strange , after what happened to me almost exactly a year ago ( https://nitromater.com/threads/good-to-be-back.42967/ ) to first see all the vaping injuries, and now this virus, with exactly the same damage being done to people as I had gone through....stuff you would not wish on an enemy...it's mind blowing.

Never thought that I would have a lung issue so dire, let alone the world experiencing them now in the tens of thousands. Those people in the ICUs deserve our undying gratitude for all they do. Imagine having to tend to all of the patients needs down to wiping their asses, all while worrying about catching the disease themselves. I couldn't do it.

Luckily it put me on the hand sanitizer and mask path early, pretty much right after getting back to work. Every ATM button, credit card and door handle are potential infections if you forget and touch your face, rub your eye or eat with your fingers. I couldn't be on an airplane or bus now out of health concerns. I've only been out twice since March 17th, and it wasn't to get some of that lifesaving toilet paper ...that's for sure.

Really sorry to hear you had to go through that Bobby ....get well soon and hope everyone stays healthy through this.
I've been in ICU so many time I can't count them. I had to go into Trauma for very high fever my wife said those people worked like clockwork she said it was the most impressive thing she ever seen. They deserve a ton respect plus the first responders.

That is tough to hear. I know a couple of other people .... it's a very tough numbers game. I hope our scientists figure out an antivirus soon. It's like living a dual life right now, trying to be normal and keep businesses going, and at the same time moving other items around to insure long term survival. It's wild that the virus impacts people so differently.

Spending more time with my family and eating a lot of meals together is a real benefit. Very fortunate that Lupe Tortilla can include frozen and rocks margarita's in their drive up/to go service!

Everybody be safe, wash your hands, and don't touch your face!

The way I see it, NHRA dodged a bullet by being forced to cancel the Gators. With only 1 person with the bug. Imagine if Bobby
say went to just one of the mega teams to do an interview and infected only one person. It could have spread throughout the entire
team. That team on Sunday night many would fly home spreading the bug on the plane and airports. All this before getting home to there families. Now imagine on Sunday this Mega team with many drivers after round 1 shakes hands with #2 Mega team driver
and that driver takes the bug back to there team, starting the spread through there team. And all this happening with just 1 person,
I'm sure if allowed to go on. There would have been more carriers attending without even knowing they had it, and multiplying this scenario X say just 10 people.
Thankfully this what if occurrence never happened because the Florida Governor forced NHRA to pull the plug.
And thankfully Bobby didn't become ill away from home.
I know the cancellation created a lot of hardship along with some pissing and moaning. But at the end nobody would want a love one or them self to go through what Bobby did.
I'm looking forward to a great year of drag racing, and best of all. We wont have any CLOWN-DOWN. Stay safe friends

Harry, what you wrote reminded me of when I worked in hospitals. You know what spread the most? STD - sexually transmitted disease. It's like lighting a fire & watching it spread.

I miss you guys, say hello for me and I hope everyone's doing Ok.

Thanks Chris...same here buddy. Hopefully we'll be back to racing soon - but like Bobby said in the video, COVID-19 is a REAL deal. While every individual is unique, and COVID-19 reacts differently with people differently, the lack of a vaccine, or wide-spread treatment makes it rather potent right now.

I will say this. As someone who lives with Type II Diabetes like Bobby - I'm extra cautious with exposure to potential threats. I was a bit bummed that Vegas shut down last week - as we were planning a much needed get-a-way. But, in retrospect, I think the decisions made were the right ones.

Wow, that was rough to listen through without crying. So sorry Bobby to hear you went through this. Wishing you have a speedy recovery Bobby! Everyone needs to listen to these orders to stay inside for the time the Dr's tell us to (except to get food/meds). Today marked 1 week of working from home and we will be doing this for at least another month. If everyone can stay locked down for whatever the time period is, we can get through this sooner rather than later.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back