President of the US Congratulates Erica on Win (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I know I am going to regret this because some people can't control their hate. I don't care what side of the fence you're on, it's really cool for the POTUS to congratulate Erica on her win.
1599585597917.png

pretty sure it was eric trump who sent the tweet (check out #womenfortrump)......regardless, what great recognition for erica and nhra.
erica is a tremendous driver with a very talented and well funded team. kudos to her and elite performance, especially after last year's final.

pretty sure it was eric trump who sent the tweet (check out #womenfortrump)......regardless, what great recognition for erica and nhra.
erica is a tremendous driver with a very talented and well funded team. kudos to her and elite performance, especially after last year's final.
President Trump retweeted Eric's tweet and also Instagram. I think that it's a great thing for the NHRA and its racers to have been recognized by the Trumps.

"The 1984 Firecracker 400 was a NASCAR Winston Cup Series racing event that took place on July 4, 1984, at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Richard Petty, driving the #43 Pontiac for Curb Racing, won the race. The victory gave Petty his 200th win in NASCAR Winston Cup Series competition, extending his longstanding record. It was also his final race victory before his 1992 retirement. The race was also notable for U.S. President Ronald Reagan's attendance"

Let's get Trump back in there so he can visit the US Nationals in person next year and congratulate all the finals champs ;)

and to save time.....
disagree.png

The sign that Erica had on the side of he car is interesting. "Women for Trump". The word "for" has many connotations, as in I'm voting "for" Trump or "Women for Trump" as in Karen McDugal... Stormy Daniels...etc

The sign that Erica had on the side of he car is interesting. "Women for Trump". The word "for" has many connotations, as in I'm voting "for" Trump or "Women for Trump" as in Karen McDugal... Stormy Daniels...etc

that's funny ! . . . . and i thought my mind was the only one in the gutter! :p

James - Any racer knows that if you want to race, you have to be all in. You have to be willing take the good with the bad. Same thing with endorsing a candidate for public office.
If certain things about her choice for president and his life style are OK with her, then that's fine. Maybe she was working hard at the shop on her race car when the Access Hollywood Tapes came out and she didn't hear about them. Or maybe she's OK with that too

This is getting political and, I suppose, will be shut down. Maybe it's not lifestyle or Twitterstyle but RESULTS that motivate. Just sayin'
James - Any racer knows that if you want to race, you have to be all in. You have to be willing take the good with the bad. Same thing with endorsing a candidate for public office.

if i was campaigning a racing team, i would steer clear of any politics, period. Its a passionate, divisive subject that, albeit unintentional, could isolate Potential sponsors and fans, especially if Racing was my main or sole source of income and not just a hobby!

if i was campaigning a racing team, i would steer clear of any politics, period. Its a passionate, divisive subject that, albeit unintentional, could isolate Potential sponsors and fans, especially if Racing was my main or sole source of income and not just a hobby!

Agreed. Audrey Worm's Gofundme a few months ago for the Trump 2020 dragster springs to mind. They had only raised a little over $1k last I checked, but I can imagine it isolated more fans than it gained. They could have raised more money in the pits letting fans write their name on the car in Sharpies.

I would love to see politics stay out of not just drag racing, but all forms of motorsports. Anyone who knows me, knows my love for drag racing and the NHRA. I hate seeing things with NHRA go down hill like it has been lately. It's just that one political party has been getting a lot of attention, at the track and now Nitromater.

I would love to see politics stay out of not just drag racing, but all forms of motorsports. Anyone who knows me, knows my love for drag racing and the NHRA. I hate seeing things with NHRA go down hill like it has been lately. It's just that one political party has been getting a lot of attention, at the track and now Nitromater.
Yep... and just think, it was started by a staff member...

Is trolling against the mater policy? ;)
I have no issue with the content by the way...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back