Pomona (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
The weather was good yesterday (Thur), about 75, so I think we may see some really good speeds & ET's this weekend. Annie Whiteley ran a 5.43 - 272 on the first hit in TA/FC, so maybe we will see some high .30's. Bill Litton in A/FD is #1 at 5.21 - 280, his best pass ever. I think 5 - teens in T/AD. Lets see what Cowie & Severance do with their alky cars, not to mention Demke. Any guesses in nitro? 3.59 in T/F? Well, maybe not, but mid 3.60's. 340 MPH in F/C?

Funny cars run last tomorrow. If Hight has had a couple good runs they will shoot for 340. Might get it today if conditions are there. It runs 338 pretty easy lately if the ET is 3.84 or better. This weekend is going to be the last chance with the timing rules for next year.

Weather prediction for today :

Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 69F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

At 9:00am the density altitude is just over 2000 feet!

Second Pro Session starting at 2:45 PM this afternoon with PSB should be quick and fast!

If we run to the schedule, Funny car starts at 3:30 PM

Funny cars run last tomorrow. If Hight has had a couple good runs they will shoot for 340. Might get it today if conditions are there. It runs 338 pretty easy lately if the ET is 3.84 or better. This weekend is going to be the last chance with the timing rules for next year.

Agreed, I wonder how much it is going to slow them down? any guesses? along the speeds of TF or a little slower?

Julie Nataas just ran 5.115 280.49 A/FD !!!! T/AD Q2 OK, did a little digging. Julie is daughter of Thomas Nataas, European T/F driver, & she raced European JR/D. The car she is driving is out of the Randy Meyer stable. No wonder it's haulin' patooies. Any guesses as to when she goes to T/F?

Last edited:
Drag Race Central said Nataas' pass is the 3rd quickest ever for A/FD. Also, quickest ever since 2004 and quickest ever on 90%. Her 1/8 mile times were 3.414 - 234.00. That is pretty stout for 1/8 mile! Tip of the hat to Randy Meyer. Wow......

Looking at Q2 for T/F. Brittany Force is #1 at 3.667 330.31. Her short times were .829 60', 2.942 - 295.72 1/8 mile. That is the fastest 1/8 mile so far. #2 is Clay Millican @ 3.671 328.22. But, his 60' was .818 (!), and the 1/8 mile was 2.938 291.32. It's like the car "fell off" past the 1/8 mile and he "only" went 3.671. Man, I can't remember anyone having a .818 60' time. I think Grubby is holding back....:)

By the way, if Brittany wins the T/F championship, she will be only the 2nd woman to do that, after Shirley Muldowney, who won it 3X.

The T/AD bump ended up at 5.337. That is quick for a 16 car field. is this the quickest ever T/AD field? #17 - 21 all missed the show with runs in the .30's.

I predicted 5 teens in T/AD and 5.30's in TA/FC. I really thought an alky car would run 5 teens in T/AD, but Julie Nataas just crushed everyone with that 5.11. Wow.... TA/FC is right on the edge of a .30, maybe we will see that today, race day. Noted that the corrected altitude has been over 2000', thought it would be lower. Well, see what happens today. Nataas ran a high .20 in winning her first round, so hope she can run quicker today. That's the thing about drag racing, you never know what will happen on race day. Have seen a lot of upsets in my time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back