Pomona Day One (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Looking at the results for Sportsmen qualifying. Some heavy hitters in all the classes. BJ GRaham in #1 Stock Elim, with that 75 Mustang with the 2 bbl carb with a 13.28 ET. Arizona racer, gotta root for her. In T/D, Steve Will #1 at 6.035 - 235 MPH. Pretty stout pass. T/S is led by Phil Dion, another Arizona racer, at 6.64 - 207. See what happens tomorrow.

Roger Richards posted this from today. Any info?
forward.PNG

Looks like the former Mark Foster TAD. I saw it run in Phoenix 20 or so years ago. I’m assuming that Michael Green is the driver. Only entry I’m not familiar with.

Wasn't there some Dave something in the 80's that ran a TF sitting way up front. I seem to remember seeing it as a kid.

Yes Diamond Dave. Short T/F car, radical for it's day, but not like the car in the photo above.

Does appear to be an injected nitro T/AD. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about it. It is racing this week at Pomona.

I think i read a article years ago about a budget racer, somthing about being a jet car chopped up running a a/fuel setup

Didn't Don Kohler run a really short rear engine AA/Fuel Modified Roadster, & it may have made the field one year at one of the nationals. This was maybe early '80's??? NHRA eventually changed the rules so a short car couldn't be run. Don Garlits had a '"shorty car" in early 70's, which I saw run at OCIR, & it was kinda twitchy. Garlits didn't like it & sold it. I think it had about a 200" wheel base, but it did look short.

Tommy Thompson Motorsports.
I think you're going to hear more and more about Tommy, he's been supporting boat racers for years (he races Pro Outlaw himself,) and recently purchased the SDBA; but, a lot more of his money has been coming to NHRA and Scott Palmer, et al since last year. He's a good guy.

Cowie got past rd. 1. Raced Joey Severance & Joey shook and shut off. Fooey! That was a monster match up, wanted to see if one of 'em would run in the teens. Julie Nataas lost rd 1, couldn't fire the engine. That car is really quick, wanted to see her run a number. Well, she was #1 Q, so.... In TA/FC, 5.40's were a dime a dozen (!) but man, Chris Marshall with that 5.365 - 272. !! Only .004 off the quickest time ever. Hope the weather is just as good tomorrow, could see some really quick times. LOVE the alky classes!!!

Cowie got past rd. 1. Raced Joey Severance & Joey shook and shut off. Fooey! That was a monster match up, wanted to see if one of 'em would run in the teens. Julie Nataas lost rd 1, couldn't fire the engine. That car is really quick, wanted to see her run a number. Well, she was #1 Q, so.... In TA/FC, 5.40's were a dime a dozen (!) but man, Chris Marshall with that 5.365 - 272. !! Only .004 off the quickest time ever. Hope the weather is just as good tomorrow, could see some really quick times. LOVE the alky classes!!!
Cliff ... If you're gonna try to be a results reporter on this site, you may want to start a separate thread and include a spoiler alert. Some of us don't want to learn race results that are buried in a discussion thread.

Please

Cliff ... If you're gonna try to be a results reporter on this site, you may want to start a separate thread and include a spoiler alert. Some of us don't want to learn race results that are buried in a discussion thread.

Please

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back