PHR's Top Ten Drag Strips (1 Viewer)

After hearing nothing but good things about Vegas, I am shocked it did not make the list.

Colombus, Memphis, E-Town and St. Louis? What a joke this is!

C-bus is a major sh*thole! I dont care for Memphis, personally I dont see how they even have a national event there.

The only one I agree with is Bowling Green. It may be falling down and stuff now but there is just something about that place. Its my favorite track out of all the ones I been to, and I've been to alot of them especially in the South. Havent done Vegas yet but everyone says its THE TRACK.

It's obvious they haven't been to every track! Bristol and Chicago are awesome, haven't been to Norwalk although I hear it's a great place to see Drag racing.

LOL - Did you read Asher's writeup below it? That was worth reading more than the so called "Top Ten List". I think he didn't pick on 2 of them perhaps? (Bristol and Norwalk)

DLB

I agree whole heartedly with Jon Asher. I would add The Rock to the list for sure. That is an outstanding facility.

COLUMBUS??? That place is a run down piece of Crap. I live in Columbus and have gone there since the 60's. I am so glad they moved that event to Norwalk. I have only been to maybe 6 tracks but Norwalk gets my vote for #1.
I have to drive 2 hours to get there rather than 20 minutes but it's worth it.

With the exception of ETown, that list goes straight up middle America. I guess whoever wrote that list lives within 8 hours drive of most of those facilities. Secondarily, since it is "Popular Hot Rodding", I would guess they are coming at this from a street car event perspective, to where big show facilities and crowds are not taken into account (nor would they have to be). With that said, I cannot imagine anything that could be done at Columbus, that Vegas or Bandimere could not do three times as well.

Indy and Gainesville were curious ommissions, while neither facility is going to be called "state of the art", neither lags behind Columbus that's for sure!

Go back into the site Joe. It seems Jon Asher left a comment. ;)

I agree with Jon about Denver as far as spectator view, it's the BEST in the sport! But amenities I'm not to sure about! The Restrooms are nothing but portables, and it's very difficult to get around for the walking challenged!

My personal fav's from MY own experience is;

Best facilities: Chicago/Vegas(Vegas has the Best access in and out in the Country!)

Best races: Indy/Gainesville/Chicago because of the Jegs allstars!

Best Spectator viewing: Denver/Seattle (Main Grandstand)

Vegas is by far my favorite. I've been to Bristol for the NASCAR races but not the drags. However, from what I've seen, I have to think seeing a race there would immediately place it among my favorites. Chicago is a great facility and Indy is nothing spectacular but it is Indy and because of the history there, I love going there.

Of course I can only go by what I know...and where I've been....but.... C-Bus....Top 10.....not! :p

From a racing surface standpoint I love Budds Creek and Martin (US 131). Gotta get my plug in for IHRA tracks.....;) The facility at Martin is nice...lots of power plug-ins...new stands this year...nice rest rooms....Jason and Stephanie are doing a nice job. They keep putting back into the track. :)

Gotta agree with Norwalk nod.....

I think Mr Asher covered the bases for me on this silly list. How can you leave Bandimere off a list of top ten drag strips? Even with the porta johns (its hard to run plumbing through solid rock) you can't beat the west side seats and the Bandimeres are great folks.

S/F
D

C-BUS?? he must be kidding. I'm not a heavy guy and I thought I was going thru the boards in the stands.

Bowling Green?? The bottom two rows are usless because they are at ground level and they let people stand at the fence in front of you. One good thing is on the spec side they have fold down seats, very comfy for us with old backs.

My best pics would be Norwalk - RT66 - Martin US131 - Bristol. Nice steep stands, no need to stand, you can see both cars from stripe to stripe.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back