Photo's of the progress on Larry's 09 SS Challenger and Greg's shop. (1 Viewer)

UDRA Big Ender

Nitro Member
Wow Mosely has a heck of a cool collection! Couple questions: In some of the pics, the cage in the Hustler is all red, in others it's all black tape. Why did they wrap it? Also, who are some of the people in the pics, anyone from the original team? I know Mike Minick who posts here would know.

Wow Mosely has a heck of a cool collection! Couple questions: In some of the pics, the cage in the Hustler is all red, in others it's all black tape. Why did they wrap it? Also, who are some of the people in the pics, anyone from the original team? I know Mike Minick who posts here would know.

Guess you'd have to ask him how Gramps felt sitting in the car... and mike, is that a dumpbell in your ear?

d'kid

Because there are two of them...the original and a replica.

Nunzio, Tony is right....there are two cars...the orginal '69 chassis and body is the one that has the wrapping around the roll cage bars and the replica has the shielding and the unwrapped bars. The hopes are to have the replica travel around the Midwest and make some exhibition burnouts, while the original will remain out of harms way. Alot of the people in the pics are friends of my family as well as some of Greg's family....the team for the most part back then was just my Gramps and Coil with a few people coming and going. And Karl....he loved sitting back in the car...said it brought back a ton of memories and he was happy that me and my dad could be there for the unveiling of these cars. They look absolutely incredible!! Pictures don't do them justice....The Getz boys did an unbelievable job on the bodies....they are spectacular...and Don Spears also did a great job on the chassis...everyone involved with this project did a top notch job!

Thanks for the pics Don :cool:

.....and Karl...don't hate on my bling bling

Ok Mike Minick, here's a real test for you. Who are the P&D of P&D Chassis????????? The guys that built the original that is.

That's a great pic of the three of you Mike!

Question: Is the engine "off-center" or is that an optical illusion?
Was it done like that to line up with the rear end?
The left headers are longer?

Ok Mike Minick, here's a real test for you. Who are the P&D of P&D Chassis????????? The guys that built the original that is.

that would be Phil & Doug.....Phil was actually with us on Sunday when these were unveiled....and you though only someone as old as you would know that :D

That's a great pic of the three of you Mike!

Question: Is the engine "off-center" or is that an optical illusion?
Was it done like that to line up with the rear end?
The left headers are longer?

Thanks Paul...i really like that picture.....and yes the engine and driver are both off center. Thats the way Farkonas designed it.

that would be Phil & Doug.....Phil was actually with us on Sunday when these were unveiled....and you though only someone as old as you would know that :D

I'm not sure if you know this, but Doug still lives in your hood (87th and Cicero) as well. Believe it or not I worked with Doug for 11 years up until about a year ago when I changed jobs and he retired. I never knew him before that though. Small world!

The cars do look fantastic. I must also give credit to Rich Pauza, he did the majority of the of the fabrication work and mounting of the bodies. Don Spears did the finish work and final assembly.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back