Petersburg, Friday: WET/COLD/WINDY ! (1 Viewer)

Dale

Nitro Member
Forecast for Petersburg (Richmond) Race looks bleak for Friday. High of 61 degrees, 20mph winds with a 70% chance of rain.... 40% Sat. & 30% Sun :(

Chance of rain is now 60% Saturday, 50% Sunday. They might as well cancel the race and reschedule for next week or the week after. Lousy weather is what really was the main problem with the IHRA events at VMP.

Right now (Wednesday), it's more like Summer than Fall at VMP, but the local TV forecasters are unanimously predicting plenty of rain, gray skies, and cold temperatures for Friday-Sunday. Yuk!!

And here we go again. :rolleyes:

I remember a joke that states that NHRA actually stands for "NEXT HEAVY RAIN AREA."

I recall hearing that crap like this is the reason why Richmond was pulled from the schedule in the first place.

It's not good when every news and weather source is calling for rain.

On the bright side, maybe they will get a run in on that 64 degree Saturday, and if the track is there, we could see some great numbers.

All they need to do is have Goodyear bring out the intermediates, better yet the full blown rain treads. Talk about a rooster tail!

Darn... I was looking forward to some drag racing "Virginia Style" this weekend. Oh well, they'll have what---- three weeks to get it done before Vegas?
Somebody close the roof on the dome.:(

Well, The Weather Channel shows that it is raining in VA Beach right now, But it is sunny and warm as I type this. It is beautiful here today. It's only a forecast, not an absolute. I'm not giving up until the announcement comes from NHRA that racing is suspended or cancelled. I've waited all season for this race. It's 2 hours from home, and I couldn't make it to any other event this year.

Today was still a gorgeous day here (I'm staying at the campground next door to the track) and the locakl TV forecasters are niow starting to back off the "doom and gloom" for the weekend. Looks like Friday will be the worst, cold, windy, and likely damp, but still might not be a total washout. Saturday and Sunday now look like we should get some windows big enough to get some racing done. In fact, Sunday is now starting to look a lot better and could be almost perfect drag racing weather. It all depends on just where the low pressure area decides to park for the next couple days - the further offshore, the better.

Weather wouldn't have been an issue if they were running in Chicago this weekend. Friday sunny and 64, Saturday sunny and 73, Sunday sunny and 74. Yes, a year later I am still miffed about Route 66 losing a second race.

Rescheduling this one would not be easy. Next weekend is the division one points race at Atco, which was already moved because of the rain delay at Reading. The weekend after that is the Dutch Classic at Maple Grove. And the weekend after that, it's back to Las Vegas for the national race.

Jim

Rain was hard enough at 2 a.m. to wake me up and right now (6:20) it's pretty heavy - hopefully it will let up, but the radar doesn't look promising. :confused: :confused:

I am no weatherman, but it appears the low pressure is moving away from the Richmond area. If the rain continues to move like it currently is, it may be out of the area by noon. We'll wait and see.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back