Pedregon 2019 (1 Viewer)

BountyHunter

Nitro Member
I see in the entry list for the Winternationals that Cruz will be running a 2019 Dodge Charger body.... He must think that was his problem o_O

Or Toyota said "Stop running our body....we want to look better..."

His Toyota bodies were for sale a few weeks ago, highly unlikely Toyota said that. More than likely the Toyota associate sponsorship went away or Dodge gave him more $ to run their bodies.

It’s not that easy to switch manufacturers. I believe that DSR owns the mold for the 2019 Charger body so Cruz would either have to have factory support from Mopar or at least their blessing to use the body. DSR is most likely being compensated for it.

I guess that's why I saw the guy from Cold Hard Art on his FB page cutting up Frankenstein and El Guappo to make into his famous coffee tables. If you haven't seen them you should check them out.

I guess that's why I saw the guy from Cold Hard Art on his FB page cutting up Frankenstein and El Guappo to make into his famous coffee tables. If you haven't seen them you should check them out.
I always hate to see old race cars or parts cut up to make anything. Not sure why it bothers me, but I just think of someone 50 years from now wanting to restore an old racecar that was thought to have no value only to find out the car they were seeking was cut up to make a coffee table. I saw a picture of Della Wood's old "Funny Honey" Charger that was cut in half because the owner at the time couldn't get it in his garage.

My sources say many teams are ditching the Toys.

I always love the "my sources" comments, it's an easy way to give credibility to a statement rather than saying "I think".

Let's see.....the only major teams running Toyota bodies are/were Kalitta, Cruz and Head (you can add in Del and Bode if you want, but both are part-time at best). Head switched to a Ford body because Force destroyed their Toyota body and they got the Ford body for free (or at a VERY steep discount). Cruz is switching to Dodge for whatever reason, and I do not see Kalitta moving away from Toyota anytime soon.

So, who are the MANY teams that are ditching Toyota?

I always love the "my sources" comments, it's an easy way to give credibility to a statement rather than saying "I think".

Let's see.....the only major teams running Toyota bodies are/were Kalitta, Cruz and Head (you can add in Del and Bode if you want, but both are part-time at best). Head switched to a Ford body because Force destroyed their Toyota body and they got the Ford body for free (or at a VERY steep discount). Cruz is switching to Dodge for whatever reason, and I do not see Kalitta moving away from Toyota anytime soon.

So, who are the MANY teams that are ditching Toyota?
Dsr is working and has the new dodge bodies,i wonder if cruzer and maybe others got a big discount on the old bodies from dsr,if they sold them?

It's funny too that yesterday an article was posted with a number of hot rumors (this being one of them) and today, everybody has "sources".

If you really have an inside source, you'd never risk outing them with a public "my sources" reference .... your thoughts would just be really intelligent .... kept to yourself, or publicly displayed.....

Cruz's last chassis is a DSR, makes sense to have some sort of deal worked out with them for bodies and mounting.

I would like to see Cruz do well after the crappy seasons he has been having, now I will like him even more that he got rid of the toyota TRASH. Toyota has no business in the land of V-8s and 2 door coupes. When they came into NASCAR that was it for me, couldnt stand to watch a race again!

I will like him even more that he got rid of the toyota TRASH. Toyota has no business in the land of V-8s and 2 door coupes. When they came into NASCAR that was it for me, couldnt stand to watch a race again!

A dollar from a Toyota sponsorship is worth just as much as a dollar from a Chevrolet or Ford sponsorship.

I would like to see Cruz do well after the crappy seasons he has been having, now I will like him even more that he got rid of the toyota TRASH. Toyota has no business in the land of V-8s and 2 door coupes. When they came into NASCAR that was it for me, couldnt stand to watch a race again!
So rather than do what 99% of the rest of the world would do (root against what you don't like) you stop supporting the entire sport? You definitely are the fanatic root that fan was derived from Craig.

Sponsors are the people who allow us to enjoy something without us being the full economic payor of that something .... you remind me of a guy I rode up a lift with in Telluride in mid December. We were the only two people on the chair and in spite of overlooking a number of slopes and seeing only a handful of people, when I talked about the crowds to come the week before Christmas (not crowds at all by almost any standard) he tells me "it already is crowded, all of you people need to leave now" ..... so in his mind, his one season lift ticket justified his personal use of roughly a $100 million dollar capital investment.

We need all sponsors ... if they are willing to pay, the sport needs them.

And thankfully you find very few pissed off people on the ski slopes ..... I found two this year in two weeks of skiing, the other guy used his silent, but captive, audience to explain his view of the political world to me ... thank goodness everybody only gets one vote

Last edited:
1. I would think funny car teams would be lining up for a Camry after being &^%* slapped by them over the past three years.
2. My Toyota Tundra was built by flag waving, red blooded Americans in San Antonio Texas. My previous truck, a new(at the time of purchase) Ford F250
filled me with gobs of MAGA buy American pride. When I got the truck home from the dealer and looked at the door jam, DOH!!!!, my new truck was not built in this country.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back