Parking at Petersburg/Richmond? (1 Viewer)

Kelly Raquipiso

Nitro Member
How bad do the lots up there get? My only experience is Columbus, which is pretty bad (Dad has 4wd truck). We have a sedan and have never gotten stuck, and don't want to start this weekend:(

Kelly, I haven't been to Richmond since the last NHRA race there back in 2000. Back then it was sandy dirt and grass parking lots. It could get ugly, like Reading. We could see tractors with straps pulling folks out of the muck. Pray for sunny skies!

This spring, I was up there in the rain with no problems, but being powerade the parking will be farther away I would guess, so not sure. I have a car, so hopefully it isn't too bad. Speaking of Reading, I was up there a couple years ago at a race and got rained out and that sure was a mess. Hopefully this system pushes out and get the race in.

How bad do the lots up there get? My only experience is Columbus, which is pretty bad (Dad has 4wd truck). We have a sedan and have never gotten stuck, and don't want to start this weekend:(

Unless they have made many improvements in parking since last year I would suggest a swamp buggy or a hovercraft. The parts of the track property that are not paved get really sloppy really fast due to the sandy nature of the soil in that area.

Thanks. I guess we'll just take our chances. Hopefully the people there with 4wd are as nice as the folks at Nat'l Trail and will help a fellow race fan out. Experience here in Va Beach has taught me to expect otherwise, though:confused:

Any Mater's with 4wd, can I get your cell phone number and call you for help if needed?

Thanks. I guess we'll just take our chances. Hopefully the people there with 4wd are as nice as the folks at Nat'l Trail and will help a fellow race fan out. Experience here in Va Beach has taught me to expect otherwise, though:confused:

Any Mater's with 4wd, can I get your cell phone number and call you for help if needed?

Ahhh just got home... as I was pulling out at three... yeah, soup, didn't get the stang stuck, but it was a near thing....:eek:

see ya in the morning... I'm still wet cold and really beat:(

The parking lots were a mess this afternoon, but all the sand in the soil here lets them recover quickly once the rain stops. However, if you mix sand with lots of water, you get quicksand and very little traction.

When to a drag race, didn't see a car run in two days, got to watch a mud-bog meet this afternoon... and thank you to the back-hoe driver who pull several stuck cars out... and a couple of guys that pulled several people out that buried there cars.... overall, I'd rate the weekend a 5... and attention in the pits... watch where the heck you're walking and standing... pay attention to whats going on around you... think.... ya gotta give the guys and girls room to get their toys outta the pretty boxes... and give tow vehicles room to pass.... And Robert Heigh, loved watching you work the rope...

We parked all the way in the back. Found a nice high spot and had no trouble getting in or out.
We did see one jerkoff trenching the lot:mad:
What is the point of that? Lots of people still needed to get out, and that morons antics were just tearing the place up. You should just be allowed to tie some people to a bumper and drag them down the highway a few miles.

We were at the campground next door and walked over. On the way back Saturday we saw a temporary sign on the road saying No Pedestrians. WTF?! Did the guy pulling people out of the mud put it up?

Brett

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back