Pacers Auto Fuel Altered (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Does anyone in Division One remember the Pacer's Auto Fuel Altered ??
I believe it was out of New York and it was BAD ! It was like a pearl white and would boil the tires on every pass,quite a sight !! I saw it at Connecticut Raceway several times and it left a lasting impression.
I'd like to know who the driver was and maybe a picture of it in action.:)

My dad ran an A/A in Div.1 into the early 70s, so I remember a lot of altereds from way back when, but not that one. Maybe if I saw a pic. I do remember, however, the Bad Habit Fiat. Now that was a nasty SOB!

I believe it was out of New York and it was BAD ! It was like a pearl white and would boil the tires on every pass,quite a sight !! I saw it at Connecticut Raceway several times and it left a lasting impression.
It's name was the "Tasmanian Devil", with that image on the car.
I believe than ran a fueler after that. National Speedway on L.I. was one of their haunts.

Tasmanian Devil (NHRA dragracing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Taz_LS1.jpg

Last edited:
Some racecars just burn an image in your mind.....this one did !
And the TRIPLE NICKLE Roadster out of Custom Car Supply in Amarillo, Texas.
It was driven by Don Morgan.
Thanks for posting the picture of the TAZ !

In the new ND (Sept 21) there is a small story about the Tazmanian Devil. It's being recreated by Jerry Joaquin in Glendale,Arizona !! Hopefully to be completed by October for the East Coast Racing Hall of Fame ceremony.
Where the guys that ran the car,George Snizek and Charlie Dodge will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
WOW.........

My dad ran an A/A in Div.1 into the early 70s, so I remember a lot of altereds from way back when, but not that one. Maybe if I saw a pic. I do remember, however, the Bad Habit Fiat. Now that was a nasty SOB!

Oh yeah, The Bad Habit. Wasn't that Bob Parmer?

I remember seeing that car at the Nats one year (70?, 71?), and everone was all a twitter waiting for that team to run the first six.

Ran really, REALLY well all summer, with low 7's.

I think they ran a Pinto F/C later on.

Sorry to change the subject. :)

Yeah Steve, that was the car. Hill & Parmer I believe. They did run a Pinto FC, but it never had the magic of the Fiat.

Sorry to bring this back, but here's some photos I scanned from the Driver's scrapbook. Chuck aka Charley loaned me the scrap book.

Just saw the car on inside drag racing at an event/reunion in North Carolina. Nice to see it's been restored.

I did a google search to see if I could find pictures of the restored car but found this thread instead. Here you go.

My favorite picture. A bit of a time warp.

TF1003.jpg

1FuelAlt.jpg

TF1005.jpg

Top Fueler. This scan doesn't do the actual picture justice. All the background items are/were pretty cool.

1TF1002.jpg

1TF1004.jpg

That was an AWESOME car to watch in action....some 40 years ago at Connecticut Raceway................sigh.....:-:):)eek:
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES..............

Bret Kepner did a nice story on Inside Drag Racing today about the Pacers altered and the team.

Some racecars just burn an image in your mind.....this one did !
And the TRIPLE NICKLE Roadster out of Custom Car Supply in Amarillo, Texas.
It was driven by Don Morgan.

It's Nickel, not Nickle...and yes, it was (and still is an awesome car)

TripleNickel400x193.jpg

TripleNickel400x180.jpg

The Triple Nickel still exists. My father has owned the car since 1965-ish.

My cars have all run under the moniker Triple Nickel II and my son is now racing as Triple Nickel III.

I don't remember the Pacer AA/FA from Ct dragway,but do have a pic of the Terenzio Bros. AA/A at Ct dragway.It's on a slide and I'll have to get it transfered to disc along with some others I have.I have many fond memories of that track,including being there for the track's first 5 second top fuel pass....sigh...memories...

Yep, I got carried away spelling NICKEL.......
I used to ride my one speed bicycle across town to Custom Car Supply on 10th street to see that car in the sales room.And drool......
It was later sold to Don Taylor who ran it for awhile and then built a newer version..........
Then to see it in action on the not so smooth Amarillo Dragway.....I miss the "goog old days"........

Yep, I got carried away spelling NICKEL.......
I used to ride my one speed bicycle across town to Custom Car Supply on 10th street to see that car in the sales room.And drool......
It was later sold to Don Taylor who ran it for awhile and then built a newer version..........
Then to see it in action on the not so smooth Amarillo Dragway.....I miss the "goog old days"........

Yes, this original Triple Nickel has a heck of a history that goes all the way back to being the cover car on the December, 1956 edition of Rod and Custom

555-RC-Dec56_300x424.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

A slightly cartoon-ish version of the car, complete with the unique font 5 5 5 showed up as part of the event logo (for t-shirts, etc) at one of the late 1990's Goodguys events at Indianapolis.

I found a color photo of the Pacer's Auto Fuel Altered...

The_Pacers_2.jpg

NICE SITE !!!
But those "space age altereds" make me want to puke.....
Most built on funny car chassis' with canard wings and BIG wings on the back and HUGE fuel tanks sticking WAY out front. It leaves me cold........
Nothing like the real FUEL ALTEREDS !!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder what WILD WILLY is thinking while looking down on this ???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back