P/S full fields (1 Viewer)

fatcat

Nitro Member
Looks like there is a real effort to field 16 cars on Sunday. Elite, Grey, and the KB team seemed to have an extra car or 2 to fill the field, and in the KB teams effort, blatant tanking is a possibility, which, I assume may occur with the other teams if the situation warrants. I have no problem with it, I like PS, but at this level, I'd like the tanking to be a little more subtle, Freeman stopping at midtrack, getting out of the car, adjusting his jockstrap before getting back in the car as Jason drove by was bordering on the obvious.

Yeah, I brought that up in another thread. Jasons .195ish light and Freeman lifting, not one comment on it. Where was Kramer last week in Virginia?

seems odd to be tanking this early in the season. Unless you are on the bubble, points don't matter until after Indy

full fields just to be full and then play games ? I would just as well see 14 cars and real racing. Turning into Ringling Bros.........

wonderful new rule NHRA....so glad to see all the different engine-body combos in P/S now.....KB stands for "Keith black Hemi".... right?

The deal with the sanctioning body is full fields, 16 cars. So if the mega teams need to put suitable drivers into backup cars, then so be it. It by no means shows the class is healthy, in fact it’s just a “band-aid”...not even a brand name, but like an off brand.

I've noticed that Allen Prusiensky has been absent for the last 2 races and his name is not on any of the entry lists for the upcoming races. In a class with 10 full-time drivers, that is not a good sign. Looking like we're back to Pro Stock Camaro.

Since NHRA can’t force Ford and Chrysler to develop PS engines, anyone have any ideas? And don’t say the factory muscle cars, because, we have them in a few categories already. There are obviously people passionate enough and willing to do what it takes to keep PS alive, and let's face it, they really are badass race cars on every level, I don't believe it should go away. However, I don't have the answer as to what it will take to get the diversity of cars it once had.

I think PS has reached the point of no return. Allowing them to run any engine, no matter the make of the car, was probably the last gasp for trying to keep the class alive.
The only people who want to keep it around are those who have plenty of disposable income, and those builders who lease out their GM engines.
There is no good reason for Ford or Chrysler to spend a ton of money developing engines for the class.

I think PS has reached the point of no return. Allowing them to run any engine, no matter the make of the car, was probably the last gasp for trying to keep the class alive.
The only people who want to keep it around are those who have plenty of disposable income, and those builders who lease out their GM engines.
There is no good reason for Ford or Chrysler to spend a ton of money developing engines for the class.

I guaranty GM does not spend a ton of money if any developing a PS engine either. There are lots of cars of ALL makes running factory engines with turbos or super chargers why not start a Pro class with them?

No need to develop a new engine platform when your existing one already is the only competitive one in the class. The class as it now exists is dying folks.......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back