Old(er) Guys Rule! (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Watching the finals of Div 4 race today. In S/S, It was Greg Stanfield VS Norman Marsden (Santo, TX), who is 74 years old. I figured Stanfield would take the win..... but Norman cut an .008 lite & won! I was screamin! Stormin' Norman kicks butt! Yeah, I was screamin' cuz Norman is my age. :) So, next time y'all see this gray haired person in the other lane......

OK, wanna add the Cliff Morgan Award For The Best Withdrawal From the Luck Bank In A Final Round: goes to Austin Williams in the S/G final. He cut an .138 lite & ran 9.95 on the 9.90 index, but won, cuz opponent Jerry Demers, who cut an .030 lite. broke out with a 9.884. Announcer said something about Demers kicking himself and I'll bet Williams was thinking, Dude! I cut a .138 lite and won? Heh

Mike, what is cool about watching on line is that in the lower right hand corner of the screen, you see what the announcer sees, car info, etc. Also, you instantly see R/T's and just how straight the car is going down the track. Saw lotsa runs where the driver did a left or right off the line, or got close to C/L, or a little wonky down in the lites. (Who am I to talk about this? I almost nailed the mailbox backing down the driveway. HA) Anyhoo, it's a great way to learn about the drivers, age, profession, & all that & you really get a good view of the track. I like that they show the cars on the line, so you can see what they look like, then switch to on-track view.

OK, wanna add the Cliff Morgan Award For The Best Withdrawal From the Luck Bank In A Final Round: goes to Austin Williams in the S/G final. He cut an .138 lite & ran 9.95 on the 9.90 index, but won, cuz opponent Jerry Demers, who cut an .030 lite. broke out with a 9.884. Announcer said something about Demers kicking himself and I'll bet Williams was thinking, Dude! I cut a .138 lite and won? Heh
thats what we call "WAY TOO MUCH STRIPE". You have 2 pedals and a neck...bad decision cost the race

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back