Not a good way for the Nitro classes to start the season (2 Viewers)

BountyHunter

Nitro Member
Probably one of the most expensive first rounds for the Nitro classes. Took two hours with Brittney’s wreck and a bunch of engines going kaboom!!

No that wasn't a good show at all. Sometimes it happens, thank god it rarely happens.

Not a good way for the Nitro classes to start the season

I thought you were talking about them having Caitlyn Jenner on the starting line.......

1000' = Safer & less expensive racing!!
Safety record since they went to 1,000ft is pretty good. Force crashed today around the 330ft mark, bottom line it's dangerous and the extra 300ft stopping distance is better to have it vs. not having it when something bad happens.

We were sitting in the stands at about 750'. Brittany's first hit was pretty violent. After that she was along for the ride. It was just one of those sessions, unfortunately. The last pair of the first round FC's was 1:00.

I turned off NHRA All Access after the 2nd round of nitro. It was becoming too long of an afternoon. I'm still looking forward to being in Phoenix in two weeks, however.

I don’t know if All Access does it but the FS1 announcers are like those annoying DJs who talk all the way through the lead-in of a song only to stop just as the lyrics start. The TV guys shut up only when the light goes green.
I finally got my TV hooked up to a good surround system and love to crank up the volume. But I I want to listen to the engines.
Quit talking as soon as the engines fire and stay quiet until the run is over. I don’t want to listen to somebody who loves to hear themselves talk.

I don’t know if All Access does it but the FS1 announcers are like those annoying DJs who talk all the way through the lead-in of a song only to stop just as the lyrics start. The TV guys shut up only when the light goes green.
I finally got my TV hooked up to a good surround system and love to crank up the volume. But I I want to listen to the engines.
Quit talking as soon as the engines fire and stay quiet until the run is over.

That's never going to happen. I enjoy listening to Alan, Brian, Joe, Nate and the crew. For me, they add a lot to the NHRA All Access broadcast.

I wonder if All Access could make a "No Announcer" channel available. I wouldn't watch it.

Quit talking as soon as the engines fire and stay quiet until the run is over. I don’t want to listen to somebody who loves to hear themselves talk.

I have to admit, 20-25 mins of fluff before they even showed a single pair go down the track for 1st rd to open the show was annoying as hell. I like Rief, but the amount of manufactured crap was ridiculous. I'm tuning in to watch racing.

They have always done that. You have Newbies that don't who is in the lane and they possibly want some facts on them and the car. Sure, Everyone that has been following the sport knows who they are by just looking at the Sponsor labels but do you know the stats? Sportsman classes are harder to identify and the names aren't as familiar as the pro teams, That's why they do it.

They (nhra) did a credible job with the broadcast considering just about every worst case scenario actually occurred in the first round. Not good to haul your champion and golden girl off to the hospital before the telecast seriously gets underway. Best wishes Brittany.

Yo Bruno....ssllloooowwww dddooowwnnnn. Make a few solid, thought provoking insights, not millions of them. You have tremendous cred with the racing world, you need to talk to the hoy paloy like you talk to a fellow comp racer. Your experience could really enhance the door slammer stuff, but we have to be able to hear it.

Is it just me or does Pro Stock look even more like the homogeneous NASCAR boredom being sold to us.

Yo Bruno....ssllloooowwww dddooowwnnnn. Make a few solid, thought provoking insights, not millions of them. You have tremendous cred with the racing world, you need to talk to the hoy paloy like you talk to a fellow comp racer. Your experience could really enhance the door slammer stuff, but we have to be able to hear it.

Is it just me or does Pro Stock look even more like the homogeneous NASCAR boredom being sold to us.

Maybe if Bruno was the one doing the color commentary instead of T.Ped I might actually tune into the FS1 telecast some times. About Pro Stock... I thought the new engine rule was to bring out more body styles? I sure didn't see it.

That's never going to happen. I enjoy listening to Alan, Brian, Joe, Nate and the crew. For me, they add a lot to the NHRA All Access broadcast.
We went to the track Friday as spectators but had All Access playing on the shop computer while working on the race car Saturday & Sunday. This is my first race with All Access and as much as I agree with Ted that I'd be happy to just hear the cars, I also think Alan, Brian, et al bring a lot to the broadcast without being unnecessarily talkative. They don't dumb it down like the TV broadcast has to be for newbies, (I've been doing this drag racing thing for longer than some people on 'mater have been alive LOL). I'm not a Reiff fan - too much cheerleader and 24-7 girl power for my liking (puhleeze.....drag racing settled any gender difference questions decades ago...), and I like Tony but honestly I'd rather see him on the track, so I may not watch as much FS1 this year.

They (nhra) did a credible job with the broadcast considering just about every worst case scenario actually occurred in the first round. Not good to haul your champion and golden girl off to the hospital before the telecast seriously gets underway. Best wishes Brittany.

You are right on about Bruno's racing cred, and your suggestion evokes memories of Steve Evans on the old Diamond P talking about the idiosyncrasies of various setups - whether in a sportsman or pro class. I loved that stuff!

Pro Stock... ugh. Now with the "any" (read: Chevrolet) engine rule only 15 of 16 cars were Camaros. No thanks. No reason to watch.

t. haddock. 3 oildowns. $4k in fines (who care about the points. really.). 2 in eliminations. 1st and 2nd rnd. can't even get off the line w/o blowing it up.
why? why does a leaker come up in the 2nd rnd. (with a gift rnd 1 win), with a proven inability to go A to B and think he is going to lay down a respectable pass?
why does terry believe the odds are better he may receive at least 2nd rnd. winner's money (with no more carnage), than gracefully taking the green light (idling track)
in the 2nd round and walking away with 1st rnd. winner mello yellow money less $2k in fines.......nope. lets add another $2k in fines and break sum more ch*t,
and slow down the show.......i know what the answer is......because he's a racer and he wants to win. we've watched john force do it. we've watched t. mcmillen do it.
i don't know. nhra used to have luxury of asking certain teams to clean up their act and not come back until they do. no more luxury. everyone's in a tough spot.

yes, the big dogs certainly slow down the show too by breaking and blowing up. IMO it's getting to be too much. too much expense. too much speed. too dangerous.
brittany made a mistake, and then she didn't have a chance. i think we'll find out in time she's hurt more than reports will lead on, even if she does drive in phoenix, kinda' like the slap alexis took at vegas. she got out while she could. smart girl. these cars are moving around in a millisecond. the explosions are catastrophic. parts failure at speed is a nightmare. (torrence last fall) (john force last saturday) and so many others. starting to get nervous watching this sport i love.

I don't know what the answer is for Haddock. He seems to have more sponsor support this season, which is good. I know the tuning help is out there, I just don't know if he is taking advantage of it. I have seen the Rahn Toblers and Del Worshams in a lot of trailers looking at the computers and talking about clutches. The racer in me says let him race, he has the car and the crew and they towed all the way out there just like everyone else. The fan in me says "oh no, not again".

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back