Norwalk this weekend (1 Viewer)

How bout that Brittany Force and David Grubnic team :)
They made a perfect run. Those candles were lit! And my .02, every track should have night or at least early evening qualifying. Not much of a show when tracks are 130 degrees and only a few cars make full pulls.

What is with the track temps? Q1 track temp was 132 degrees. Kinda like Bristol. Track did cool down to 98 for Q2. 82 degrees for Q1 altitude 2820'. In Arizona we're used to high track temps when air temp is over 100. Well.....

What is with the track temps? Q1 track temp was 132 degrees. Kinda like Bristol. Track did cool down to 98 for Q2. 82 degrees for Q1 altitude 2820'. In Arizona we're used to high track temps when air temp is over 100. Well.....
Cliff, I was there but didn't see you!! LOL, It was a great day of qualifying. No major delays and fast cars in the second sessions. This is a beautiful drag racing facility.

They made a perfect run. Those candles were lit! And my .02, every track should have night or at least early evening qualifying. Not much of a show when tracks are 130 degrees and only a few cars make full pulls.
Most cars made full passes in Q1 Friday. They learned from Bristol.

Most cars made full passes in Q1 Friday. They learned from Bristol.
Better than many events in heat but I see half the cars didn’t make 250 mph in q1. I guess that’s not that unusual as q1 is the feel it out run. But you can’t beat night racing for entertainment!

I asked Alan R where the Greek was. He said The Greek was there watching Krista. Bummer she didn't Q.

Looking at Drag Race Central, the 3rd rounds in all categories are mostly, if not completely, run.
The finals are what’s left.

They only had a 30% chance of any rain forcast. But as we all know, NHRA attacks storms.
Radar shows it's past I'd expect racing soon

It’s amazing how far they have come with downtime from oil downs and such. They almost made it before the rain. Regardless it was a pretty good event!

As far as the broadcast, I'm so happy that they finally changed the background color behind the numbers to a darker green instead of that bright fluorescent lime green! I can see the numbers now!!!

Looking at Drag Race Central, the 3rd rounds in all categories are mostly, if not completely, run.
The finals are what’s left.

Just curious - what time did they eventually run the finals? We went ahead and left since we had an almost 4-hour drive ahead of us. Ran in and out of rain, one particularly heavy, almost all the way home.

Just curious - what time did they eventually run the finals? We went ahead and left since we had an almost 4-hour drive ahead of us. Ran in and out of rain, one particularly heavy, almost all the way home.
I believe it was around 5:30pm cst.

I left early Sunday morning and it rained off and on all the way to the Illinois/Indiana state line.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back